Hood strap kits, Hood Hooks, Hood latches, Hood parts, Hood seals, Limiting rope kits

Cell Block 726

2 Wheel Todd
just got mine today..fast shipping! this thing looks and operates awesome...can't wait to start using it...time to retire the old worn out 24/7 latch..I needed one of these 4 years ago!

Thanks Chris

Cell Block 726

2 Wheel Todd
Here's my final install. This thing is the Shiznits!! Note I have also been running backup straps to the hood. Dislodged my hood too many times.
DSC_0394.jpgDSC_0396.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0395.jpg
    DSC_0395.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 365

swapmeet

Brotastic
Just went through the thread. Looks like good schtuff...

Anyone used this on a FX1? It doesn't have the recess for the handle poll like other skis so i'm concerned that the hood might slip out from underneath the strap sideways in a violent sideways landing.

Any thoughts?

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Just went through the thread. Looks like good schtuff...

Anyone used this on a FX1? It doesn't have the recess for the handle poll like other skis so i'm concerned that the hood might slip out from underneath the strap sideways in a violent sideways landing.

Any thoughts?

I am pretty sure that people have used the ratcheting strap setup on fx-1's with good results.

has anyone else had problems with water intrusion, when running the straps under handle pole, i was getting lots of water going under my handle pole bracket then entering where the cables go in the engine bay, its no big deal i just ran a bead of cocking round my entire handle pole bracket, what else have yall done.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
has anyone else had problems with water intrusion, when running the straps under handle pole, i was getting lots of water going under my handle pole bracket then entering where the cables go in the engine bay, its no big deal i just ran a bead of cocking round my entire handle pole bracket, what else have yall done.

My straps aren't mounted under the bracket, but I think others have mounted them that way.

i broke mine over the weekend ;( forgot to tell my brother in law bout the bilge pumps, got some water in and he layed it on the side, sucked water in my motor, had to roll my ski over on the beach layed my handlepole down, forgot to close my latch, crushed it like it was nothing.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
i broke mine over the weekend ;( forgot to tell my brother in law bout the bilge pumps, got some water in and he layed it on the side, sucked water in my motor, had to roll my ski over on the beach layed my handlepole down, forgot to close my latch, crushed it like it was nothing.

I will get you a replacement ratchet right out.

Mine came yesterday, installed it last night, turfed the ratchet today (temp turf job). Install pics on an fx-1 will follow, excuse the ski that needs some love this winter. I'll get to test the straps tomorrow.

Oh and one other thing. Me and my wife have been bitching how you order products and nobody ships stickers with their crap anymore. Well Jetmaniac not only included everything to install but a sticker as well, just too bad it's white, haha.

Oh yeah, fast shipping too.

Attachments

• brap2.jpg
    brap2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 286
  • brap5.jpg
    brap5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 264
  • brap3.jpg
    brap3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 298
  • brap1.jpg
    brap1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 257
  • brap4.jpg
    brap4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 231
  • brap6.jpg
    brap6.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I'm doing a rebuild on my SXR to lighten the weight. I lightened the hood and dicovered that the hardware really weight quite a bit.
I was wondering if anyone has run the straps without the front hooks. If the 2 front straps were mounted close to the hood would it stay in place?
To clarify, if the 2 straps were mounted an 1" infront of the hood, then ran vertically up and over. Instead of mounting to the handpole bracket and coming in at a shallow angle.

Has anyone tried a setup using only the straps and NO OTHER HAREDWARE ???

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I'm doing a rebuild on my SXR to lighten the weight. I lightened the hood and dicovered that the hardware really weight quite a bit.
I was wondering if anyone has run the straps without the front hooks. If the 2 front straps were mounted close to the hood would it stay in place?
To clarify, if the 2 straps were mounted an 1" infront of the hood, then ran vertically up and over. Instead of mounting to the handpole bracket and coming in at a shallow angle.

Has anyone tried a setup using only the straps and NO OTHER HAREDWARE ???

I haven't, but the front hooks help in several ways. If you take a hard side hit, the hooks help keep the hood located. Also if you need to crack the hood open, the hooks help keep hood in position.

Last edited:
Top Bottom