How Addicted Are U?????

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
I don’t know if this has been asked before but are u addicted? What’s the most extreme thing you have done for our sport?

I have driven over 500 miles with a ski strapped to the top of my Nissan altima just to ride for 2 days… and I’m on here more than I’m at work…

I would have to say that if I am not working or hanging out with the wife, then I am working on something ski related, on the x, or riding....period.

The Timmer

killin sj's
up and out of the blue kinda i just jumped in my truck and went down to florida from north detroit to trade my 750sx for a squarenose...picked up a buddy that wanted to go and then called my uncle who i work for on the way down telling him ill be gone for 5 or 6 days lol...not too crazy but still sweet i guess

great thread keep er going bump bump bump

Timmy

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I have purchased skis from Winnipeg,MB to St. Augustine,FL. Probably the craziest thing I have ever done is buy a superjet....its a slippery slope.

I put thousands of dollars into modifications even though I still owe $ on it.

Last edited:
Sold my truck to buy parts :)
Had to have a 66e for this year with new paint and turf/manifold and pipe.
and on and on.
Now me and the wife have to car pool.

got kicked off the computer at school for bein on the x
work on my skis or anything ski related in every min of my free time
every penny i have go into my skis.
when im at home im on the x 24/7

just joe

Site Supporter
3 days before x-mas a friend told me about a ski I needed that was for sale in Vegas. After scouting it out online and chatting with builder, I agreed. Told wife we were roadtrippin' for the holidays, ditched family and had to listen to sister-in-law squeal over who was going to bring the ham now.

Borrowed co-workers mini-van so ski fit inside, packed boards, stopped off in Co for some powder. Stayed an extra couple days since the powder kept coming, finally hit vegas and traded all our pocket change for some beer while sitting in front of a machine with an arm that didn't do squat except award us with a beer girl every 5 minutes. Didn't lose ski money, wife guarded it well even with roulette calling us (almost 50/50... red or black... double your money... free ski... aw come on, just try me... it's that easy)

Went on to lake Havasu to buy ski, had an awesome time with it, and came back to michigan just in time for new years! Spent New years eve with a beer (or something like it), my wife, and the ski in our garage.

Not crazy, but without this sport, i wouldn't have done that. Had the best time with my wife on this trip. I look forward to Daytona next year.

Glory_Freestyle

Old, but still ridin'!!!
So far, us Colorado guys have driven to Daytona, FL twice, Pismo Beach, CA twice and Crystal Beach, TX three times. That's about 19,000 miles since 2004.

On both of the Daytona trips, the first 18-20 hours were done solo, once by me and once by RMBC Freeride.

I'd say we're pretty addicted. :scared::firedevil:

Mark44

Katie's Boss
b

3 days before x-mas a friend told me about a ski I needed that was for sale in Vegas. After scouting it out online and chatting with builder, I agreed. Told wife we were roadtrippin' for the holidays, ditched family and had to listen to sister-in-law squeal over who was going to bring the ham now.

Borrowed co-workers mini-van so ski fit inside, packed boards, stopped off in Co for some powder. Stayed an extra couple days since the powder kept coming, finally hit vegas and traded all our pocket change for some beer while sitting in front of a machine with an arm that didn't do squat except award us with a beer girl every 5 minutes. Didn't lose ski money, wife guarded it well even with roulette calling us (almost 50/50... red or black... double your money... free ski... aw come on, just try me... it's that easy)

Went on to lake Havasu to buy ski, had an awesome time with it, and came back to michigan just in time for new years! Spent New years eve with a beer (or something like it), my wife, and the ski in our garage.

Not crazy, but without this sport, i wouldn't have done that. Had the best time with my wife on this trip. I look forward to Daytona next year.

And that is one COOL wife!

Top Bottom