How makes best finger throttles?

I have a fly racing throttle. It's alright, but I'd like to try something different. I like the feel of the angled UMI throttle.

Yeah I had a FLY throttle on my blaster and I wasn't a big fan of it at all. It had very rough edges to it. The only reason I bought it was because Jazz Motorsports sells them very cheap.

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
What makes the X-metal so much better than all the others. Personally after riding Harrisons boat my favorite is the Sato Engineering throttle, but I haven't had the chance to try an x-metal.

I am all about supporting the companies that support us like x-metal, but it seems like there is a lot of a$$ kissing on the boards. I'm not trying to call anyone out, but I would just like to know what makes it so much better.

I know x-metal makes some high quality parts so if the quality of the trigger makes it so much better than please explain that.

Like I said I am a fan of the SE throttle because it is very short and rounded so there are no rough edges on it.

So much of this is just personal preference, keep that in mind. But IMO, tha x-metal has the best feel because it is somewhat flat, it doesnt have a pronounced hook at the end & all corners are round and smooth. in fact I think it feels more like a stock trottle than any of the other billet units.

#2 post shows the TBM brap actuator. It is infinitely adjustable as compared to other fixed "angled" versions.

However, I prefer the OEM plastic-fantastic (I don't care for the bling).

Hey, I coined that term... looks like it's catching on...LOL!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
any pix of the sato? I have an unknown on my roundie, but its silver billet and has SE stamped on the bottom...?

Im with Lee.....I love the PJS triggers....

That would be Sato Engineering, SE, I'll take a pic of mine.

Attachments

• 100_5615.jpg
    100_5615.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The XMetal is preferred because it was designed by a freestyler, no sharp edges like the UMI, durable to withstand impacts from monkey jumps, 50/50's etc etc........

I would stack the XMetal and SE/SATO as about equal.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I do like the look of the xmetal, do they sell a cable adapter? Its not listed on their site, is it required?

The XMetal is preferred because it was designed by a freestyler, no sharp edges like the UMI, durable to withstand impacts from monkey jumps, 50/50's etc etc........

I would stack the XMetal and SE/SATO as about equal.

I do like the look of the xmetal, do they sell a cable adapter? Its not listed on their site, is it required?

the Xmetal requires the adaptor.... I have one and it doesn't look much different from this one from Wamiltons www.wamiltons.com wonder how close they actually are because this is a helluva lot cheaper.

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
Brap Accuator :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2: :haha: :laugh2:

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
What makes the X-metal so much better than all the others. Personally after riding Harrisons boat my favorite is the Sato Engineering throttle, but I haven't had the chance to try an x-metal.

I am all about supporting the companies that support us like x-metal, but it seems like there is a lot of a$$ kissing on the boards. I'm not trying to call anyone out, but I would just like to know what makes it so much better.

I know x-metal makes some high quality parts so if the quality of the trigger makes it so much better than please explain that.

Like I said I am a fan of the SE throttle because it is very short and rounded so there are no rough edges on it.

The xmetal base is really thick, mounts really tight and has never moved an inch on me before where I've heard of others moving during throttle kicking moves and such.

Plus, they look plain ********ing cool

Watty

Random Performance
I use one of the blowsion straight levers. I really like the feel of it and it looks pretty trick. It's great for tricks where your feel are using the throwttle as it relatively flat.

The only fault I can find with it, is that you don't quite get full throttle before it bottoms out on the grips. Probably not a huge issue though.

Top Bottom