Daytona fireworks guy!!!
I just put the X-metal on about 3 weeks ago and love it. :biggthumpup:

Attachments

• IMGP0716.jpg
    IMGP0716.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 68

BlowStuffUp

Twinkle Toes
im running the se right now (what was on the ski when i bought it). i bottomed out and went over the bars last weekend dropping in on a wave, the throttle it self didnt bend, but it was pointing straight down and was a closer to the pole pad by like 3/4". so the throttle itself is beefy but i think the mounting part doesnt hold very tight.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I've tried a lot of finger throttles and I prefer the Pro-tec. I didnt really like the UMI angled one either.
The Pro-tec is all billet with great accuation. It's quality thats well built with just the right length, straightness/curves with tight tolerances.

From the Pro-tec site:

"Pro-Tec Pro~Plus throttle and trim levers are manufactured from the highest quality aircraft grade aluminum available. The perch is hard anodized black and the levers have a bright finish. Each lever features our exclusive Pro~Plus computer designed water channels for positive grip to reduce rider fatigue. Pro-Tec Pro~Plus throttle and trim levers include all stainless steel hardware and should be considered a must for racers and recreational riders alike!"
throttle_levers.gif

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I have an angled UMI and I like the position of it, but it does wear my #2 nuckle out. I have had a calice on that nuckle for years now, need to change but they are too expensive for trial and error, so I deal with it. Sounds like an SE may be an option. I hear the TBM is nice and I have seen one. It has actual bearings in it, but the one person I know that coughed up the $100 total has had to buy parts for it yearly.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I've tried a lot of finger throttles and I prefer the Pro-tec. I didnt really like the UMI angled one either.
The Pro-tec is all billet with great accuation. It's quality thats well built with just the right length, straightness/curves with tight tolerances.

From the Pro-tec site:

"Pro-Tec Pro~Plus throttle and trim levers are manufactured from the highest quality aircraft grade aluminum available. The perch is hard anodized black and the levers have a bright finish. Each lever features our exclusive Pro~Plus computer designed water channels for positive grip to reduce rider fatigue. Pro-Tec Pro~Plus throttle and trim levers include all stainless steel hardware and should be considered a must for racers and recreational riders alike!"
throttle_levers.gif

Straight only?

I have an angled UMI and I like the position of it, but it does wear my #2 nuckle out. I have had a calice on that nuckle for years now, need to change but they are too expensive for trial and error, so I deal with it. Sounds like an SE may be an option. I hear the TBM is nice and I have seen one. It has actual bearings in it, but the one person I know that coughed up the $100 total has had to buy parts for it yearly.

TBM makes two models...the bearing model, and the bushing model. Iv never used the bearing one, and really dont see a point too. But i had my bushing one since it first came out and it hasnt had a single problem yet.

'Crockett

Freelance Smartass

From the Pro-tec site:

throttle_levers.gif

I really like the wide feel of the Pro-Tec trigger . . . I modified the bend so it just touches the bars at full throttle. You don't have to reach quite as far for it that way. They are really pretty expensive though . . . .

I threw an angled UMI on my limited SJ that someone gave me to try, thought it was kinda weird at first but then I got used to it. It was still on the ski when It went to it's new home . . . . . I kinda miss the little guy !

Did anybody ever try one of those ones that was a slide type mechanism instead of the typical pivot type trigger ? . . . . Somebody was making those a couple of years back but I never rode with one. Seems more like a sit down thing to me for some reason

Last edited:
I have an angled UMI and I like the position of it, but it does wear my #2 nuckle out. I have had a calice on that nuckle for years now

Mine done the same thing untill I read that if you point your throtle down it helps get your elbows up for barrel rolls. I moved mine down a bit and back a little bit and it doesn't touch the other fingers at all now. Perfect fit and very comfortable. It is going on the new ski and the KVLP or what ever it is is heading to the old ski for sale...

Kwit

HowItShootIfitsPlastic
I got a bootleg one. Its got KVPI engraved on it. I bought it for 20 bucks shipped...havent used it yet but looks to be made of good metal. I need to got to the bike store to find an adjuster screw for it to install it on my ski. I need something that screws into this hole that fits the throttle cable casing.

Attachments

• trigger 1.jpg
    trigger 1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 44
  • trigger.jpg
    trigger.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 25
I got a bootleg one. Its got KVPI engraved on it. I bought it for 20 bucks shipped...havent used it yet but looks to be made of good metal. I need to got to the bike store to find an adjuster screw for it to install it on my ski. I need something that screws into this hole that fits the throttle cable casing.

i just took that off my blaster for a angled umi and i think it going back on

crammit442

makin' legs

That's not bootleg at all.:smile: I believe except for the TBM, it's the best throttle lever out there. I have them on all my boats. Awesome lever!:biggthumpup:

Charles

kingnothing3

give me fuel give me fire
that pro-tec one looks really nice. I like all the things xmetal sells except there trigger throttles. just dont like the look of the tribal engravings.
Ive tried a few different ones including cheap ebay specials and I really like my umi angled one.

would have stuck with stock but mine broke in half.

Kwit

HowItShootIfitsPlastic
thanks crammit. Ive got a little more confidance in my trigger finger now. Those x metal triggers are friggin expencive... 65 bucks?!?!? ... Why not just use a small bmx brake lever? samething. Thats what i would have used if i didnt get such a good deal on mine

Top Bottom