Freestyle ijsba live

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I dont know any details about why Lee didnt compete but I'm just gonna throw this out there. Is it possible that he didn't qualify? I watched the qualifiers and his routine was not impressive, mainly because he was fighting his superflip bars the whole time and really only pulled off 3 tricks. The competition was fierce.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I dont know any details about why Lee didnt compete but I'm just gonna throw this out there. Is it possible that he didn't qualify? I watched the qulifiers and his routine was not impressive, mainly because he was fighting his superflip bars the whole time and really only pulled off 3 tricks. The competition was fierce.

Qualifying round only sets the order you will compete in on Sunday, not about "If" you will compete.

From IJSBA rulebook ( http://www.ijsba.com/ijsba/rulebook/2011/2011Part6.pdf ):

"14.1.6 A freestyle routine of greater difficulty with minimal mistakes will be scored higher than a routine of lesser difficulty with
fewer or no mistakes."

Everyone agrees that Alex' routine was of the greatest difficulty.

The term "with minimal mistakes" is key. However, it's "water under the scoop grate" at this point and no amount of editorializing is going to change the outcome.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yup, time to really step it up!!!!!!!!!!! All it takes now is 5 back flips in a row with a roll in the middle of the sequence, then a huge underflip, then go do two back to back flips and underflip then arm pump then rinse, I mean repeat!!!!!!!!!!

;)

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Yup, time to really step it up!!!!!!!!!!! All it takes now is 5 back flips in a row with a roll in the middle of the sequence, then a huge underflip, then go do two back to back flips and underflip then arm pump then rinse, I mean repeat!!!!!!!!!!

;)

You are trippin. I know at some point guys were having backflip contests but I think the combos this year had much more variety. At no point did I see what you're describing.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
As already stated..............IF you go to compete you must go because it's fun and you want to hang out with fellow competitors. IF the ONLY reason you go is to win you will be sorely dis-appointed. AGAIN as already stated, scoring is too subjective and always will be.

Congrats Lil D !!!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
You are trippin. I know at some point guys were having backflip contests but I think the combos this year had much more variety. At no point did I see what you're describing.

Basically, you saw what 3-4 tricks total?

Back Flips
Underflips
Barrel Rolls
Helicopter

Just about every competitor threw these tricks. Yes, there were a few who tossed in a ghost rider there was even one guy who got up on the hood!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I was just being funny. But sad part about it is that it really is true!!!!!!!!

Back in 2006 in Am Freestyle you were not going to win a comp unless you did alot of rolls. So, Final round of the Surf and Turf Series in Panama City, one last run, I went out and just did as many rolls as I could, I literally beat the chit out of my hull, broke the nose off in the process!!!!!!! No, I did not win that day!!!!!!!!!!! Ratti did just like always! Guess How, Lots of huge rolls (yes, he tossed in other tricks also)

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
OK Kahuna, you're a judge at a freestyle competition. What are you looking for? You telling me that a guy who combos a helicoptor, roll, flip, underflip, flip, flip wont score big on your sheet?

Here is the complete HD video, including action that goes over the allotted 2 min for a routine and, as such, was not included in judges' scoring (you are wrong about him not finishing the routine on the ski).

So after bashing DK's routine, you feel this one deserved to win!? He only landed 1-2 tricks

Last edited by a moderator:
So after bashing DK's routine, you feel this one deserved to win!? He only landed 1-2 tricks

Never said he deserved to win. WOW you guys do not read! All I said, is that it is crazy that the one judge(to keep it short for you non readers) gave Lucas an 8.2, gave the 11 yr old kid a 7.7 and Alex a 7.3. that's it! All I said.

SuziQ

Banned
Never said he deserved to win. WOW you guys do not read! All I said, is that it is crazy that the one judge(to keep it short for you non readers) gave Lucas an 8.2, gave the 11 yr old kid a 7.7 and Alex a 7.3. that's it! All I said.

You are allowed to say anything you like; this is not the USSR (even though it feels like it sometimes).

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Quick question: what order were the runs in? Did Alex perform before Lucas & the 11 yr old kid?

Top Bottom