Freestyle ijsba live

Bobert540

Site Supporter
This is what i found on his Facebook page. Looks like it was posted 6 hours ago:

‎10/11/11 Eric Malone Enterprises Press Release

EME Racing would like to congratulate the fans, riders, mechanics, sponsers, the IJSBA , and all who helped make the 2011 Quakysense World Finals a great success.

At EME we are disappointed that our Pro Freestyle rider, Lee Stone, did not compete in the Pro Freestyle event. We take great pride in our products and, with 20 years of R&D and competit...ive experience we believe we are the best option for the professional freestyler and serious enthusiast when it comes to high performance engines, hulls, and aftermarket parts of the highest quality.

We came to the World Finals expecting no less than another World Title for Lee and the Team. We brought an Aerial 8 with a 1200cc engine/pump combo which we were excited to debut and which exceeded all past equipment seen in competition. Lee wanted modifications that ultimately changed the performance of the boat in unsatisfactory ways. Lee's decision not to compete was the decision he felt was best for the World Finals event on 10/09 and, ultimately, his career. We are disappointed that we could not debut this boat that, we believe, will take the sport of freestyle one step further making aerial maneuvers even possible by more riders and bigger by those already performing them. Lee Stone is an exceptional rider with great promise and we hope to see him, and many other riders, riding stellar EME products and performing crazy groundbreaking tricks for years to come.

Please see www.ericmalone.com for latest product, ordering, and contact info.

Thanks,

Eric Malone
EME L.L.C.
(814)-207-9709

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
my guess is that Lee is not anymore for EME !!

i read a comment on FB:

"The ski lee rode this past weekend wasnt a piece of :):):):), i was there on Monday when lee came to purchase an EME aerial 8."

why Lee have to purchase a Q8 if his sponsor is EME ??

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Yah well, in other sports there might be actual money at stake. :lmao:

Do you think pro riders actually make money at this and don't need a day job?

I'm partially kidding. But this is not a high dollar sport for the industry. (But for the riders, lol)

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Yah well, in other sports there might be actual money at stake. :lmao:

Do you think pro riders actually make money at this and don't need a day job?

I'm partially kidding. But this is not a high dollar sport for the industry. (But for the riders, lol)

I think pro rider are in the right spot to find a good business idea. I think Ross Champion is a good example with his company soft deck. I think Mark Gomez work in the jet ski business too. Im sure we can find more example like that. I think there is a between to have a real job (8 to 5) and doing big money as a jet ski prorider. I know we are not in Fomula 1 business, but we are not in a banana eating contest trying to make a event in Alaska. IMO Jet ski is a real business but not that huge. At least EME can pass him a boat every years for free, and when the new model is release EME took back is old boat to have the money back as a use machine. But i ask my question again, why, at your opinion, Lee have to purchase a Q8 if his sponsor is EME ??? there is a between in give him a boat or purchase a boat, no ???

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
all i gotta say after reading this thread is WHAT A BUNCH OF CRYBABIES......

the water conditions were terrible and im pretty sure everyone agrees with that. guys didnt get to put in there 100% and that is frustrating. you have got to adjust to the conditions. how do you think we feel when there is 2' surf at a contest..... i really feel like you guys should have 2 rounds. waaaayyy too much money for 2 mins. atleast we get to ride like 5 times.

DK JR deserved the win. period. he went out and made the chop work for him. quit crying about it already. i was there and he had the crowd going INSANE. no riding in circles failing at set up wakes. good job man.

Ivan from russia deserved the win in pro i dont know what happened with that but thats life. i really wanted to see Lee and Ant cuz i know the had some gnarly :):):):) up their sleeves but hey, we'll se it next year.

see some of you in pismo.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I think pro rider are in the right spot to find a good business idea. I think Ross Champion is a good example with his company soft deck. I think Mark Gomez work in the jet ski business too. Im sure we can find more example like that. I think there is a between to have a real job (8 to 5) and doing big money as a jet ski prorider. I know we are not in Fomula 1 business, but we are not in a banana eating contest trying to make a event in Alaska. IMO Jet ski is a real business but not that huge. At least EME can pass him a boat every years for free, and when the new model is release EME took back is old boat to have the money back as a use machine. But i ask my question again, why, at your opinion, Lee have to purchase a Q8 if his sponsor is EME ??? there is a between in give him a boat or purchase a boat, no ???

I think it's pretty typical that a sponsored rider gets heavy discounts on stuff and/or free labor. So Lee "purchasing" a boat and you purchasing a boat may be a few thousand $$ apart.

Scorn800

Ride for life
all i gotta say after reading this thread is WHAT A BUNCH OF CRYBABIES......

the water conditions were terrible and im pretty sure everyone agrees with that. guys didnt get to put in there 100% and that is frustrating. you have got to adjust to the conditions. how do you think we feel when there is 2' surf at a contest..... i really feel like you guys should have 2 rounds. waaaayyy too much money for 2 mins. atleast we get to ride like 5 times.

DK JR deserved the win. period. he went out and made the chop work for him. quit crying about it already. i was there and he had the crowd going INSANE. no riding in circles failing at set up wakes. good job man.

Great post and I agree with you

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I know we are not in Fomula 1 business, but we are not in a banana eating contest trying to make a event in Alaska.

Actually, competitve eating is a bigger "sport" than jetski racing or freestyle. The payouts are bigger and the big contests are aired on ESPN. I wish I was joking.

Top Bottom