Freestyle I'm scratching my head at this one...........

Well pulled it all the way down and found the center crank bearing fused to the bearing next to it so that may have Somthing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many hours since it hydrolocked?
Did you run it with TL?
What CC domes and what cylinder?
It hydro locked the last time it was ridden due to TNT pipe and short water box. Then was dried out then ridden for a while. Ran great the whole time then was taken to the shop to have TL installed. Never ran it with TL. Has pump gas domes. Discovered the damage when installing TL.

Christian_83

Xscream
Okai. Still no any further on what CC domes you are running. Have seen 2 DASA 10mm 1100 that looked a bit like yours (one with 8 hours, from brand new, everything) and one very respected rider, builder and tuner who had one of the 10mm 1100 tells me that its Deto from to small pump gas domes. (48cc on both those engines, with european pumpgas 99oct RON)
I would contact your engine builder and get their view on it or DASA.

Okai. Still no any further on what CC domes you are running. Have seen 2 DASA 10mm 1100 that looked a bit like yours (one with 8 hours, from brand new, everything) and one very respected rider, builder and tuner who had one of the 10mm 1100 tells me that its Deto from to small pump gas domes. (48cc on both those engines, with european pumpgas 99oct RON)
I would contact your engine builder and get their view on it or DASA.
I'll check the domes to see what size. Everything was done by DASA and I assembled

Welcome to the world of detonation.
That's what caused it.
Might wanna rethink your timing curves and what color your gas cans are.

Mine was pump gas premium at 185 psi compression, OEM ignition with MSD enhancer.

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
I'm actually surprised more people don't do this. With 170+ comp on pump gas advanced timing and 7-8 heat range plugs and clear or light colored gas cans.
Big reverse jetting and I see this being a common problem.

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
That's 170psi comp no power valve stick timing on 62t with mild porting.
Ran pump gas br8es plugs lasted about 5hrs.
Advanced timing, went to 9series plug and larger high speed jet. No more peoblems

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 132
Well pulled it all the way down and found the center crank bearing fused to the bearing next to it so that may have Somthing to do with it.

I have to giggle a little about this!! You say DASA build engine? :p

Did it look something like this perhaps? Was it due to a pin failure that the bearings were fused together? Did you have lots of vibrations?

Billede 06-07-2016 13.58.04.jpg Billede 06-07-2016 13.58.14.jpg

And your engine looks something like this?

IMG_8165.JPG IMG_8167.JPG IMG_8169.JPG IMG_8170.JPG IMG_8171.PNG Billede 06-07-2016 13.26.55.jpg 13555729_10209592086179427_120554108_o.jpg

This was a DASA assembled 1100 with 8h on the clock, from NEW. 48cc domes stock charging ignition.

I followed the builders advice and used 48cc domes to make sure it was setup properly for pump gas 99 oct RON - but I had issues with front plug coming loose during riding. DASA send me new dome and new o-rings to try, to make sure the tread tap wasn't loose. Tried it but didn't help the issue. I inspected servereal times, but no sign of deto.

Why do you ask this?
I had this exact engine do the same thing.

What exciting things did you discover when tearing down your engine? What domes did you use, and what crank? Was DASA of any help to you?

Estimated 10-15 Hrs, 48 cc domes, comp was checked at install and found to be@ 200psi. Double checked with builder and was assured it would be OK.
Timing curve, jetting etc all recommended by builder
Wrong little end bearing blamed for failure

0b59f4f1ddf5c610ecb490d826fc571a.jpg
cc7b7f2ff9fb1289e5ad79741d8ca060.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom