Other Injuries Due to Riding a Stand Up..

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Honestly, my biggest worry has always been paralysis. I would much rather die doing what I love then endup paralyzed for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, it seems that it's quite common to endup paralyzed from snow and dirt accidents. Your neck is fragile when it comes to hard surfaces , and it only takes so much to break your back so you can never walk again. It terrifies me.
How many people do you know that are paralyzed, have died, or have other life threatening injuries from riding standups? I'm sure there's some, but not many. I've only seen one person wear a neck roll thingy to protect from over extension, and that was for a double backflip in the surf. We get away with such little protective equipment and walk away with so few serious injuries, which is pretty damn impressive. Gotta love the softness of water!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Yes it's less risk than falling off a mx, snowmobile etc but don't think like you're all good doing what some of us do. When you're pushing yourself and others poop gets real. I've limped/crawled up the beach many days. My good friend and fellow RTF rider broke his neck a few years back. I've broken ribs, a tailbone, and had countless other small injuries just like you get from BMX, skating, etc.

Water still hurts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! There is a thread about helmets and wearing a rugby helmet to keep that from happening.

After this i got a motox helmet with a face shield. Not that motox helmet sits on my spare shelf with the face shield shattered. I found the original pic when i actually broke the eye socket. A little blurry though.

Attachments

• DSC_5783_1.JPG
    DSC_5783_1.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_5790_1.JPG
    DSC_5790_1.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC_5873_1.JPG
    DSC_5873_1.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 179

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to do rolls with no helmet or gloves. Went smooth a few times. Started feeling like mark gomez for a minute.... Then my ski laughed and punched me in the mouth.
7229e07f71a1b232eca830a21ffeeca5.jpg

3a438380bd098411abed17ed5378ff6a.jpg

9th time I've had my face stiched up. 3rd time due to jetski. I've broke an elbow and crushed most of my teeth riding jetskis too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I tore my acl and mcl riding 3 years ago. Fell off in pain and thought I was going to pass out in the middle of the lake by myself while all my friends were on the wakeboat. Swam back to the ski and tried to stand up and that was a no-go. Decided to drag my ass back to shore about 3/4 of a mile. Crawled up to the cooler and started pounding beers until the wakeboat came back. Also managed to hop around on one leg and play a game of sand v-ball that night. Alcohol is a wonderful pain reliever. Lol.

Went to the ER the next morning.

Some of you guys have some gnarly injuries

I have a 'fat pad contusion' in my left knee. I came off the ski and my lower leg twisted out and cracked like a knuckle.

It's been several months and it's all good . . . Except if my foot gets twisted accidentally, even a little bit . . . It goes from 0 to 11 on the pain scale instantly .

Some of you guys have some gnarly injuries

I have a 'fat pad contusion' in my left knee. I came off the ski and my lower leg twisted out and cracked like a knuckle.

It's been several months and it's all good . . . Except if my foot gets twisted accidentally, even a little bit . . . It goes from 0 to 11 on the pain scale instantly .
Ouch!!!!! Get that checked man!

"Helmets are for pussies" - @Aquaholic

Ouch! I hope you're okay man!! Thank you for sharing this, I'm going to start wearing my lid again!
6 staples 5 stitches. My helmet that I usually wear was sitting on shore when this happened.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom