Interesting SBT reading....read it before deleted

Hogggman

Stock Sucks
I started reading that post the other day and didnt feel like going through the whole thing but I think its funny how everyone over there with the exception of those who are also here suck SBTs nuts and tells everyone how great they are. I recently built a motor with SBT parts dont ask me why I dont know. The crank sounded like it didnt have bearings at all and the pistons lasted about 4 hrs before one holed and the other melted.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I will let JavierT explain the interesting situation if he chooses to do so. I have absolutely nothing to do with it really.

Or, you guys could ask Brian on SBTtoday to explain it.

:biggrin:

Whats this interesting situation? I'm curious.

It boils down to something I said in private to a few very trusted people on pwctoday that SBT caught wind of.

SBT reads PM's on pwctoday.com, so if you have something to say about them, don't say it there.

I'm not saying this w/o proof, because here it is:

Vbulletin has a
modification that allows the administrator to read user Private Messages.

Here is proof:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123166&highlight=read+private+messages

This download includes a file called read_pms.php

Here is pwctoday's password protected vbulletin administration section
with the address to the "read pm's" page:

http://www.pwctoday.com/admincp/read_pms.php

If this file DID NOT exist, you'd get a 404 page not found error.

Example:

http://www.pwctoday.com/admincp/read_pms12345.php

I mistakenly used the PM system when I spoke to two seperate people
about the situation before this. It is unethical for an administrator to
use the PM system to their advantage.

Wow... I didn't know they could do that. That seems pretty unethical to me.

I guess SBT has their own version of the Patriot Act to protect SBT.

I still would like to find out who was falsley used those 3 screen names. That fires me up so much. That is about as dishonest, unethical, and cowardly as you can get. Thats just my opinion though.

Last edited:

tiplickhahaha

Hummmmmmmmm
It boils down to something I said in private to a few very trusted people on pwctoday that SBT caught wind of.

SBT reads PM's on pwctoday.com, so if you have something to say about them, don't say it there.

I'm not saying this w/o proof, because here it is:

that explains some things that hapened to me over there....

o well i like this site better:woot:

ski4

gonzo
wow that is paranoia and shady to the bone. i could see if people were suspect to illegal dealings like using the site for drug deals or trading stolen property but come on :sneaky: :scared:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
yeah...

READING PEOPLES PMs IS VERY SHADY!

Not only that, but there are inconsistancies in the stories from Javier VS SBT about the ring snag problem, and and parts getting shipped.

That is VERY fishy to me.

if you cant prove your point ethically, without 'embellishing' the facts, possibly you are wrong?

ski4

gonzo
I have no real vested interest in the matter but I disagree on the PMs being off-limits to the site owners. It's their site.

Take it to eMail.
yes it is their site, dont they have better things to do though than spy? go build some motors or something, spend some more time on quality control. cook a meal for the elderly or what ever
it's just kinda lame. like a teacher peeking into the girls locker room

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I have no real vested interest in the matter but I disagree on the PMs being off-limits to the site owners. It's their site.

Take it to eMail.

I completely agree with you, there is no assumed privacy in the PMs, you are silly to think otherwise ( emails as well)

but more to the point, he possibly used that ability to read PMs to form an opinon on what happened to Javier's Engine.

but his information from the PMs, is not the exact same as the information Javier says.

so WTF?

its a mess, Drama.

Get the engine going Javier, stay on them until you get some servicable parts.

No matter what is going on here, it doesnt look good for SBT.

goXtreme

Winter Sux
That is why they are called PRIVATE MESSAGES, because they are private, if they are not private, maybe they should change the name to semi-private?

Screw PWCT and Bryan, I like it here better!

Whtbread

More Brap Please
I completely agree with you, there is no assumed privacy in the PMs, you are silly to think otherwise ( emails as well)
I would have to disagree with you just by the name itself.

"private messages" On a site that puts rules on everything I think they should either disclose that they read PM's or call them something else. Maybe semi private messages. Them reading them does not bother me because I have nothing to hide. Them being sneaky about it bothers me.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
the name "private message"

simply implies that it is not posted on the BBS for all to see.

that is all.

Keep in mind, I do not agree with reading them, I am only saying, that it isnt prudent to speak of truly private mattes via PM.

Last edited:
pri·vate Audio pronunciation of "private" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prvt)
adj.

a
1. Secluded from the sight, presence, or intrusion of others: a private hideaway.
2. Designed or intended for one's exclusive use: a private room.

b
1. Of or confined to the individual; personal: a private joke; private opinions.
2. Undertaken on an individual basis: private studies; private research.
3. Of, relating to, or receiving special hospital services and privileges: a private patient.

c
Not available for public use, control, or participation: a private club; a private party.

d
1. Belonging to a particular person or persons, as opposed to the public or the government: private property.
2. Of, relating to, or derived from nongovernment sources: private funding.
3. Conducted and supported primarily by individuals or groups not affiliated with governmental agencies or corporations: a private college; a private sanatorium.
4. Enrolled in or attending a private school: a private student.

e
Not holding an official or public position: a private citizen.

f
1. Not for public knowledge or disclosure; secret: private papers; a private communication.
2. Not appropriate for use or display in public; intimate: private behavior; a private tragedy.
3. Placing a high value on personal privacy: a private person.

i can look up message for you too:biggthumpup:

Top Bottom