Interesting SBT reading....read it before deleted

95_waveraider_riverrunner

hobbies:lacrosse-n-ski's
I have an SBT motor in my yamaha waveraider 701T deluxe, works perfectly fine, the ski runs a solid 57mph GPS and has 38 hours on it... i have had no problems whatsoever with the motor, i got the no fault 2 year warranty on it and the engine has performed wonderfully.
Brian

I may still end up buying an SBT motor.........my point and participation was addressed to a specific issue........I have not said that SBT sux.......but in this particular case there is a problem with the product that needs to be addressed.....

meatball

User Title Unavailable
I got an SBT in my couch as well (701X) and its got about 30-50 tanks through it this season so far. I have to say it definitely sounds different then OEM, Im guessing from the Wiseco pistons.

However, the ********ty thing is, is if you call in on the warranty, you STILL have to pay shipping and packaging. So, first off, when you get the engine, its not 700 dollars for a 1 year warranty to your door, its more like 830 with everything you need, (120 for shipping). So everytime they sack you with a bad engine, you pay 60 bucks. I think there warranty being no fault is pretty good, but I dont like have to pay extra for others mistakes.

However, their engine is running fine.

DID ANYONE ELSE PICK UP ON THIS...

If you look at 99_gprider's profile you will notice that his last post before his posts in this thread was on 12/19/2003. I think it's a little odd that this member decides to start posting again on this thread.

I am wondering if someone who had access to member accounts (not accusing anyone :thinking:) and wanted to defend SBT :thinkerg: reset this persons password so they could post under a new name and speak up like this guy did.

THINK ABOUT IT... Pretty ironic huh? I also find it ironic that SBT only posted once in this thread.

Last edited:
CrazyA said:
99_gprider said:
Now this is really interesting.

May be, may be... but what I find really interesting is that it would appear you haven't posted since December of 2003, (at least under the name 99_gprider) so what made you decide to jump back in the thick of things and "shoe Javiert in the balls" today??

After reading more of the thread I see that someone else picked up on my observation... Hmmmm:bigeyes:

I also find it ironic that the other guy sticking up for gprider hasn't posted since 7/24/2002.

His username is Arny and these were his posts:

Arny said:
I'm with GPrider on this one. Find the overheat problem. Javier, did you get a mechanic to go through the water routing on the install? I wouldn't focus too much on the leaking spark plug holes. I'll bet it goes away the first time you fire up the ski and heat up the heads.

Arny said:
Guys, don't you see it. Javier just gave us the little piece of info we needed. All of his problems have been on the mag cylinder. Two times on the OE motor and once now on his first SBT motor. He's got set-up problems that are taking out the mag cylinder everytime. A carb? a reed cage? timing? Something that is consistant from the OE motor to the SBT motor. I'll bet if he looks hard enough he'll find the problem there.

Arny said:
Hey BigK, didn't say he ran his new motor. Remember he's on his second SBT motor. The first one let loose in the mag cylinder just like his first two failures on the OE engine.

Another member who hasn't posted since 9/18/2003 is against javier.

flynwr250 said:
Javier, I'm confused. How does a leaking spark plug hole cause overheating? It does not seem like that it would do that. Must be some other problem. Did you check to see if any of your water lines are plugged up? Maybe bring it to the dealership and let them tighten the plugs for you and see what they think the problem is. That seems easier than taking the new engine out and sending it back.

I love the part about not sending the motor back.

SBT is corner-cutting, low-budget CRAP!

bryan is a douchebag.

pickren is a coward.

i think that pretty much covers all of the facts involved.

anyone that says "bring it to the dealership", in a sitch like this, is obviously clueless.

what a bunch of dumbass couchers over there!

I guarantee you that 99_gprider, Arny, and flynwr250 are the same person and someone has gotten a hold of their passwords so they can fight against javier without revealing who they really are.

The only three users who are against javier and are making the dumbass comments like the above comment haven't been on the forums in 3-4 years.

I find it VERY ironic that they decide to start posting again for this one thread.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
yes, that is very suspicious, old accounts, just now posting on that thread?

strange indeed.

Did you see where he got the NEWest engine from SBT running, and its got a 113 psi on all 3 cylinders?

no water test yet though.

SBT is corner-cutting, low-budget CRAP!

bryan is a douchebag.

pickren is a coward.

i think that pretty much covers all of the facts involved.

I'm not sure about the coward comment BUT-
SBT is low-budget,poor quality crap AND Bryan is most certainly a DOUCHEBAG,Those are undeniable truthfull statements!!

ski4

gonzo
i will say this, i usually despise when brian gets in the middle and over regulates, i am impressed in the retraint he has shown here. maybe they are turning over a new leaf?????

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
SBT is only being quiet, because there is NOTHING they could say that will help them.

This guy put his info out there under their rules, and exposed a fault with the product, and THEN exposed the lack of customer service surrounding its rectification.

they cant say anything at this point, to look good other than " Sorry for your troubles, here is a free calender, and some stickers"

or blatantly shut him down, but it will even be obvious to the masses over there how shady that would be.

3 cheers for Javiert!

Now,
on a serious note.

Nobody can build an engine cheaper than they can.
are they the best, obviously NOT.
are they good for some folks? YES.

the fact that they can offer that warranty, and still turn a profit, lets us know that they are likely getting 2% or less returns. ( if that many)

those are just the ones we hear about.

i will say this, i usually despise when brian gets in the middle and over regulates, i am impressed in the retraint he has shown here. maybe they are turning over a new leaf?????

Fair Enough

SBT is only being quiet, because there is NOTHING they could say that will help them.

This guy put his info out there under their rules, and exposed a fault with the product, and THEN exposed the lack of customer service surrounding its rectification.

they cant say anything at this point, to look good other than " Sorry for your troubles, here is a free calender, and some stickers"

or blatantly shut him down, but it will even be obvious to the masses over there how shady that would be.

3 cheers for Javiert!

Now,
on a serious note.

Nobody can build an engine cheaper than they can.
are they the best, obviously NOT.
are they good for some folks? YES.

the fact that they can offer that warranty, and still turn a profit, lets us know that they are likely getting 2% or less returns. ( if that many)

those are just the ones we hear about.

That is a very true and fair statement from beginning to end.........:biggthumpup:

Top Bottom