Is it poss the FS1 and EME Q8 DQ'ed?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yeah, but it got a lot of people riled up without having concrete decisions.

you have not been around long then. Every year, this happens. 3 years ago, it was all about Malone getting DQ'd when he came out with his first EME hull. 2004 or 2005, word got out that the IJSBA was going to crack down on motor sizes for Pro Freestyle. Guess what, many were throwing their 785cc engines back in their ski's. This was only about 4 years ago. Do you know how many people were at the WF that could easily had posted this??? Hell, I really dont give a crap anymore about it, I was listening to the live feed, got board and went out to my shop to work on MTB's. I could have called Parr and he would have told me, guess what, I would have come and posted that here.... It is not a secret. hell, go to IJSBA.com, look at the results. for Pro Freestyle, it says "Results Pending", this was posted sunday afternoon............ This is not a big deal.

you have not been around long then.

When did you become a rocket scientist? That one is not hard to figure out. I bought my first standup about two years ago.

Every year, this happens. 3 years ago, it was all about Malone getting DQ'd when he came out with his first EME hull. 2004 or 2005, word got out that the IJSBA was going to crack down on motor sizes for Pro Freestyle. Guess what, many were throwing their 785cc engines back in their ski's. This was only about 4 years ago. Do you know how many people were at the WF that could easily had posted this??? Hell, I really dont give a crap anymore about it, I was listening to the live feed, got board and went out to my shop to work on MTB's. I could have called Parr and he would have told me, guess what, I would have come and posted that here.... It is not a secret. hell, go to IJSBA.com, look at the results. for Pro Freestyle, it says "Results Pending", this was posted sunday afternoon............ This is not a big deal.

Why the animosity?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
That is why I asked you to not post anything about it yet... because it was not official when I heard it.

When did you become a rocket scientist? That one is not hard to figure out. I bought my first standup about two years ago.

Why the animosity?

Just saying that it was not a big deal, no reason to post "That is why I asked you to not post anything about it yet... because it was not official when I heard it."

The phrase "not being around" came out a bit strong, not my intent. was just pointing out that every year there is always something juicy!!!!!!! It the Norm.

carbonjet

::::::::::::::::::
Pro class should just be run whatever you want to.

I think it would be a great idea if ALL the riders and manufacturers wrote the IJSBA, and expressed there feelings on this issue. Clearly there shouldn't be ANY restrictions for Pro freestyle! All it's doing is slowing progression of the sport. We would see so much more new tricks and new innovation, it's just what the sport needs to be more spectator friendly.

Last edited:

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
I think w/ the rocker hull it will be less likely to nose in coming down a wave and is wider for more stability. Also the strakes are not too deep so it should be loose. The ski comes w/ a front bumper that is removable so if you do nose it in, you just replace the front bumper. This hull was designed for surf too.. Don't count it out yet...
removable front bumper huh. that sounds like a long overdue idea

Thats it, im taking my 550 to world finals in the pro class next year and im gonna bust out wicked fresh hood tricks, one handed fountains and tail stalls that will take everyone back to the day when a routine was a routine. ill even bust out a point back on the double up
Awesome! :bananalama:

I read this whole thing but I just can't understand whay everyone is mad because the top three riders went to DQ aka Dairy Queen? Did I miss something?
wow! I literally just laughed out loud at work :haha:
I like the frozen birthday cakes... Maybe Scott could buy them all one for not DQ'ing them.
you mofos are going to get me in trouble for surfing the net at work again :slap:

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
Hybrid routine

Watching Rok's routine put a grin on my face. The conditions resembled "Victory at Sea". But, he put together a stellar routine that really seemed to flow. The tricks were solid with plenty of transitions and combos. He seemed to be combining big air tricks with a real sense of flow. Kind of combining the old skool sense of big "Wow" factor stuff, with an empahasis on transitions.

Not just setup wake..Backflip. Setup wake...Flarell roll. Setup wake ...Barrel Roll, etc.

The water was brutal, almost washing machine-like. Despite that..he seemed to have a real routine going.... not just an adlibbed backflip-fest.

That Helicopter trick looked great!

Pro freestyle should not have any limitations placed on the boats. If you're going to allow "couches" to compete against standups(in freestyle) then, let the Pros put a Ducati motor in a bathtub if they want to.

PS ParDaddy..good to meet ya! Really bummed you weren't out on the water.

Last edited:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Watching Rok's routine put a grin on my face. The conditions resembled "Victory at Sea". But, he put together a stellar routine that really seemed to flow. The tricks were solid with plenty of transitions and combos. He seemed to be combining big air tricks with a real sense of flow. Kind of combining the old skool sense of big "Wow" factor stuff, with an empahasis on transitions.

Not just setup wake..Backflip. Setup wake...Flarell roll. Setup wake ...Barrel Roll, etc.

The water was brutal, almost washing machine-like. Despite that..he seemed to have a real routine going.... not just an adlibbed backflip-fest.

That Helicopter trick looked great!

Pro freestyle should not have any limitations placed on the boats. If you're going to allow "couches" to compete against standups(in freestyle) then, let the Pros put a Ducati motor in a bathtub if they want to.

Perfect summary IMO.. It was a great showing for Pro freestyle regardless of what all the naysayers say.

Top Bottom