Is your computer safe from Conficker?

^^ That could just their servers being overwhelmed.

I don't know man.....its been midnight elsewhere and here now....and nothing.

Rockstar

Dicksmacker
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH my computers are :):):):)ED!!!!!!!!

J/K nothing happened. I searched for viruses on 3 different virus removal tools(AVG, Norman Maleware, and Dr. something) in class and didnt find anything. I lie but nothing conflickish. :wink:

Well I dloaded a couple of hundred tunes from limewire before going to bed. With no anti virus and not behind my router!!!

I don't see anything new but I did get some classic viruses.

Everyone might want to check a couple of things:

Hit control, alt, delete and bring up your task manager and see if you have mme.exe running in your processes......it is a nasty one. You may have to re boot and check it right away because I have seen this one remove itself from processes after settling in.

The other is really disturbing and I have not seen it in a while.

Click start, click run, type in "services.msc". See if you have a service running called "uploader"....as you can imagine that is REALLY REALLY bad!

subseawellhead

Cherry Bomb Jackazz
Sooo... whats the frickin deal, Yahoo been hyping this up for days and this morning not a 'ting' on this for Yahoo. Wwwhhhhaaaattttsssuuuuppp?

ger87410

How did I get here?
With all the eyes in the world looking at this, I'm not sure the hacker's going to act.

Anyone have any idea how they discovered it's suppose to act April 1?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I am not surprised.
This bull:):):):) virus hype has been going on for years.

I remember Michelangelo back in '96. Same type of bull.

Alright!! Now the phone is ringin off the hook!

People are reporting that myspace was highly infected this morning.

On my way to pick up 2 more!

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Services.msc isn't working on Jens.

Jen's computer is F'd though!!! I was barely able to send this to you. It keeps poppping up to buy Majic virus protection and sometimes 1000 windows start opening all at once! Even when the internet cord isn't plugged in.

....and mine took a chit this morning too. It won't even turn on and smells like burnt electrical components. This can't be good.

Can I bring them over tomorrow????....

Services.msc isn't working on Jens.

Jen's computer is F'd though!!! I was barely able to send this to you. It keeps poppping up to buy Majic virus protection and sometimes 1000 windows start opening all at once! Even when the internet cord isn't plugged in.

....and mine took a chit this morning too. It won't even turn on and smells like burnt electrical components. This can't be good.

Can I bring them over tomorrow????....

Holy crap man!! Yea get them over here!!! I am slammed!!

WTF happened to yours man!! Any lights or fans at all? Does the monitor stay amber or turn green? Whateva!!! Just bring em over man!

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Mine has AVG...my wifes anti-virus ran out and it took a crap quick. I'll get them over tomorrow! I got hers running a litlle better...went into msconfig and turned a bunch of crap off.

Top Bottom