Surfriding I've been Thrusted !!! :)

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
ScottS and I finally got to ride together this past weekend but the surf was too small and chopped up for a solid comparison between the two pumps. Bottom line, his ski still slides out way better than mine and he has improved whitewater hookup from what he had before so the Solas Mag was all gain and no loss in my opinion.

I'm not sure there are any improvements to be felt with the cone. I went from stock to the cone and didn't pick up diddly. Going back to stock this year, but will end up with one of these before seasons end.

I have to agree with this, having ridden (but not owned) a ski with one fitted (rode it before it was fitted as well) - I didn't feel any improvement, that said the ski in question has a Solas 13/17 (standard hub) not a Skat or Hooker (bigger hub) prop. It also suffered from 'slip' from a dead stop which may indicate the wrong prop not the cone being at fault, once moving it was fine. No damage appeared apparent on the prop, but could be anything I guess? Perhaps the bigger hub prop is needed to get the best out of these pumps?

Suprising how much of a black art this stuff seems!

Top Bottom