JetVan, Surfride support vehicle.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
After 2 years of drooling over Flash-FX and Special-FX's 4x4 vans @ daytona, I decided I needed to upgrade my ski hauler. Both of them gave me lots of advice during the purchase and I own them both a beer for all the help. I had a 07 Jeep that just could not tow to save its life...8mpg with trailer, & rpms over 3300. Then the final straw was having a trailer tire blow out @ +70mph, almost causing an accident. So I decided now was the time. I am done with trailers!
I got rid of the jeep and ordered a custom built ford e250 super duty van with the quigley 4x4 conversion. Fast forward 3 weeks, I drove out to quigley in PA and picked up the "JetVan".

jetvan2.JPG

The biggest selling point is that the van will allow me to have my ski and gear ready to go, so I can ride everyday after work! :Banane01: Also getting the 4x4 permits for a couple of the beach towns around here. Then its drive on the sand and rip time!

So now I will try to build it into the ultimate surfride support vehicle. Planned mods:
*Special-FX inspired tilt dual ski rack/sand control system.
*Winch system for effortless ski loading.
*Custom made rear bench seat that folds to a bed for camping.
*Custom partition to seperate "cabin area" from ski storage area.
*Custom fuel ventalation system for the jetskis while stored.
*Jetski battery charging system.
*Freshwater washdown tank system, to hose gear and flush skis.
*12v Air compressor system for quick tire inflation/deflation to support beach driving.
*Dual cameras for backing up, and another overhead to check on trailer if towing.
*Quiet honda EU2000 generator
*Power system mods for clean 110v power
*Stereo mods
*TV for movies

If you can think of any other mods that would make freeriding easier post them up. Buildout starts this week.

Tested the jetvans cargo capacity today with dirtbikes. Loaded with over 500lbs of dirtbikes, tools, ride gear, mtn bikes, jetski gear, and people...the van averaged consistantly over 14.5mpg on the highway. Very happy about that.

jetvan3.jpg

jetvan4.jpg

More to come.

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Reminds me of back in the day when I raced arenacross.. 3 race bikes stuffed in the back of an E cargo van and 3 of us sitting on 2 seats and a bike stand... ahh the good old days... Fun times!!! SWEET van!! Of course the ultimate!!

Oh and one Mod you might do is a winch... Not for when you get stuck on the beach, but when your compadre's do... hahahha

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Thanks guys! Winch is def on the list down the road. The van is a 5.4 v8 gasser. Too many horror stories about the 6.0L Powerstroke. If anyone is looking for a new ford diesel quigley, there is a killer deal on one up here right now.

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Go anywhere and still get 22MPG, wish mine was a 4x4.

I seriously looked into sprinters while I was shopping. The 4x4 conversion is the the biggest problem. Its a 17k conversion that voids the factory warr, and getting replacement parts is limited to the 3rd party that does the conversion (on the westcoast). By the time you are done it was near 60thou new. But I agree the extra height and great mpg is very nice.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Last edited:

Boris

The Good Old Days
Yep, the price of the conversion is ridiculous.
I can get all the parts directly from Europe for much less but living in flat Florida I just don't need the 4x4 that bad.
Still, would be a nice project.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
So far van has hauled 4 different dirtbikes all over 2 states many times. Its simply amazing having this much room at your disposal.

leb1.jpg

But time to get serious, jetski season is almost here!

First need rediculious radio for long trips, and I never had a GPS or bluetooth before. Dont know how I lived without them. Some nice custom details.

Powder on here did the work. Came out Incredible!

Going to have to operate....

radio1.jpg

radio.jpg

radio2.jpg

Trick Mic mount for bluetooth.
radio3.JPG

Next to make daily driving more comfortable, need some backup cams to make parking lots easy to navigate. First is Ford installed backup system, with radar sensing "oh :):):):)" alarm.

cam1.JPG

Next is the "EYE IN THE SKY" nightvision capable cam for trailering. Even though I never plan on pulling a trailer...lol

cam3.jpg

cam2.JPG

Next, after TRASHING my jeep full of sand from just about every east coast surf break....and full of salt water, I decided I would be proactive and prevent another disaster.
RHINOLINE'D from the front firewall all the way out the rear doors! NICE!

rhino.JPG

Also throwing on some Bilstein 5100's as per Quigleys recommendation.

0904or_02_z+bilstein_5100_series_level_kit+complete_package.jpg

MUCH MORE TO COME!

Top Bottom