Joe Kenney-concussion injury

Let's not get hung up on the details of exactly what happened or how - a brother is down and he needs our support. My card is going out today. I'll be watching this thread to see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Let's not get hung up on the details of exactly what happened or how - a brother is down and he needs our support. My card is going out today. I'll be watching this thread to see if there is anything else I can do to help.

I agree, I would rather Joe be telling the story after his recovery.
Get well Joe.

Doogie

HX Bomb Technician
I wasnt trying to make a pissing match as to what happened to the man.... given who Shawn Alladio is, I would consider her to be a damn good and reliable source of information....
Whatever happened, lets all hope that man is going to be ok, and make a full recovery.
-Doogie=

Doog - your heart is in the right place, I just think Taylor's very close to this whole thing, and since he knows the details, it's easy to understand he'd get upset. Everyone's understandably freaked out over this and super worried, and perhaps a little ultra-sensitive? I'm having regular conversations with God over Joe at this time....please feel free to join me - that's what's important right now. His speedy, full recovery, not us snapping at one another.

Joe's going to need some a$$i$tance when this is all said and done with I think...and I cannot think of a more deserving recipient of our sport's support....I'm sure he'll be modest and feel odd, but if you can help out, please consider donating to a fund if we get one set up for him.

His girl Alix also is need of some strong shoulders - many of us will be there this weekend to see if we can help, but remember, she's been there along with Taylor and others all along, and could use some reassurance too.

LP

Last edited:
Doog - your heart is in the right place, I just think Taylor's very close to this whole thing, and since he knows the details, it's easy to understand he'd get upset. Everyone's understandably freaked out over this and super worried, and perhaps a little ultra-sensitive? I'm having regular conversations with God over Joe at this time....please feel free to join me - that's what's important right now. His speedy, full recovery, not us snapping at one another.

Joe's going to need some a$$i$tance when this is all said and done with I think...and I cannot think of a more deserving recipient of our sport's support....I'm sure he'll be modest and feel odd, but if you can help out, please consider donating to a fund if we get one set up for him.

His girl Alix also is need of some strong shoulders - many of us will be there this weekend to see if we can help, but remember, she's been there along with Taylor and others all along, and could use some reassurance too.

LP

sometimes its easier to dispense with the RUMOR MILL and just get the facts straight right off the bat.........

if everyone is kept in the dark, then stories will start to fly.....

think about the 11 thread....if someone who was trustworthy could have provided 1sthand info, then alot of the BS would be avoided.....

willycrumb

mmmm......beer.....
Damn...I cant say anything on this site without catching sheit.

This is on what you guys refer to as the other site. Joe's the man and I will be sending some doe.

Top Professional Free Rider Joe Kenney Seriously Injured – While out with friends on the night of Sunday, January 15th an unidentified man assaulted Joe without provocation at a local establishment. The surprise attack from behind resulted in Joe being knocked unconscious, causing him to fall to the ground striking his head. He was taken to a local hospital where he is listed in serious, but stable condition. Joe has a several severe head injuries and is unable to communicate as of yet. Doctor’s have not given a long-term prognosis, but Joe has shown some signs of improvement.

Local police were not able to apprehend the assailant, but are working on leads. Joe’s attacker is described as a tall, college-age white male with shoulder length black hair. If you or anyone you know has any information please contact Crime Stoppers at 805-549-STOP (7867).

To aid Joe with the medical care and treatment he is currently receiving and will require in the future we have set up an Injury Assistance Fund. Joe has done a tremendous amount to positively promote his sport for many, many years. Please help us get Joe back on his ski doing what he loves so much. Donations can be made to:
Washington Mutual Bank

c/o Joe Kenney Injury Assistance Fund
1235 Chorro
San Luis Obispo, CA93401
Routing#: 322271627
Account#: 3142466007

Your generosity and kind thoughts are greatly appreciated.

For more information about Joe Kenney please visit http://www.joekenney.com.

Y

yamaslut

If nobody has any issues w/ it, I will take $500 of the donations we raised here in Daytona and give it to the fund. I just don't know if anyone would oppose that.

I think since it was a freeride and Joe is our big dog, we should do what we can to help him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yamaslut

DUDE, HELL YEAH.

who the hell would oppose that!??!?!?!?!

well.... I just don't want people to think I would just do whatever w/ the $$$....

I just think in this case it would be almost criminal to not use some of this to help someone like Joe, who has done so much for the sport.

Great idea Nick! I am sure every penny will help! Will & I are heading up north this weekend to meet up with Lisa and head over to the hospital to see JK and give Alix a big hug.

Y

yamaslut

Great idea Nick! I am sure every penny will help! Will & I are heading up north this weekend to meet up with Lisa and head over to the hospital to see JK and give Alix a big hug.

please send him some east coast freeride love... from the florida boys

P

PancakePete

Nick, that is an incredible Idea ! I KNOW there will be no problems with that... and if so... You can sick me on them ! JK.... We all love Joe !

Top Bottom