Freestyle Lee stone and why he couldn't wow the world again

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Something I'm having a bit of a hard time comprehending (it happens a lot!): How has Lee been able to practice for Finals at all? :dunno:
He's been in Australia for months now, riding Rickters for Seaworld in surf. When/how did he practice for Finals?
I understand he's a prodigy and a hell of a rider, but you'd think even he needed a bit more practice on a hull he'd never ridden before after riding nothing but surf on a completely different hull for months prior.
And then show up to Finals three days before the Sunday routine?

???

Last edited by a moderator:

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
yes the skis look similar...yet they perform completely different. The q8 is well the q8 you have seen the past few years with deep chines and the front end V. The Aerial 8 has a majority of the changes down below with the front end V redesigned to add bouyancy. Chines were cut like that of an octane, pump is further back rails are wider. and it still has sky pieces. Little longer tray. Cosmetically up top some lines were changed.

Performs very very well infact.

Again, why would he demand a pump change if it performed so well the way it was built? It should have been superior to anything else he would have ridden up until that point, right? It just doesnt make sense. Not calling you a liar, I'm just wondering what his logic was at the time.

I'm pretty sure Eric can build a ski to perform well enough to win a world title. Eric of all people will know if the ski is up to the performance level of a world champion's ski. Sounds to me like Lee didnt plan his world finals practice time very well

motoman96

Banned
I still say it's f'd up of Malone to throw his sponsored rider under the bus, end of story. He made the first move, if anything he shouldn't have said anything. I hope stone picks up a new ride, an embarrass's Malone next year.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Decisions were made. Changes etc...
I'm sure a lot of decisions were made by other competitors and their teams as well.
Maybe some bad decisions were made. Maybe not.

It seems that all are disappointed with the results. And everyone has a "monday morning qurterback" reason why things did not go the way they expected.

I don't care what hull, pump, steering system........

The end result is the end result.

If the end result was supposed to be pre-determined, then a lot of time and money was wasted in preparation for the event.

This is the nature of competition. Somebody wins and somebody loses.
The character of the loser and the supporters of the loser is on display in this thread.

Keep on looking for excuses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom