Freestyle Lee stone and why he couldn't wow the world again

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I'm not leaning either way on this. Just presenting some evidence. Lee's statement refers to not being able to turn left a lot. I just re-read his statement to figure out the time line. It looks like he shouldn't have been able to turn left late Friday afternoon when I shot this video of him practicing by the boat launch. Assuming that is the PWC in question it seems to turn left just fine. He did pull to shore after that ride and was looking at the engine with an unhappy look. It's HD video so you should be able to go 1080/full screen and see what pump it's running or rubber might be glued in the pump area. I can pull out some stills from the original video file tonight if someone wants to review that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aerial 8's and Q8's DO NOT ACCEPT YAMAHA PUMPS! KAWASAKI PUMPS ARE USED. THE SKI ARRIVED WITH A TESTED AND APPROVED SKAT TRAK KAWASAKI PUMP BY EME. THE END NOZZLE, TRIM RING, AND STATIONARY NOZZLE (yamaha) WAS ADAPTED TO THE KAWI PUMP. LEE REQUESTED A LARGER PUMP THAT WAS NOT ADVISED TO BE USED BY EME. THE APPROVED PUMP WAS SWAPPED WITH AN UNREFINED LARGER PUMP SYSTEM.

THE YAMAHA SYSTEM LEE ALSO REQUESTED WAS PART OF THE PROBLEM

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Aerial 8's and Q8's DO NOT ACCEPT YAMAHA PUMPS! KAWASAKI PUMPS ARE USED. THE SKI ARRIVED WITH A TESTED AND APPROVED SKAT TRAK KAWASAKI PUMP BY EME. THE END NOZZLE, TRIM RING, AND STATIONARY NOZZLE (yamaha) WAS ADAPTED TO THE KAWI PUMP. LEE REQUESTED A LARGER PUMP THAT WAS NOT ADVISED TO BE USED BY EME. THE APPROVED PUMP WAS SWAPPED WITH AN UNREFINED LARGER PUMP SYSTEM.

THE YAMAHA SYSTEM LEE ALSO REQUESTED WAS PART OF THE PROBLEM

ok so how is there a Q8 forsale right now with a yamaha pump???

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/101931-eme-q8-with-a-yamaha-mag-pump-6-500&p=1179947#post1179947

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but if the new Aerial performs so well as it was built, then why did Lee insist on changing the pump/prop/nozzle etc.?

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
In the practice vid he did two tricks to the left and two tricks to the right... that doesnt solve anything

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
I'm not leaning either way on this. Just presenting some evidence. Lee's statement refers to not being able to turn left a lot. I just re-read his statement to figure out the time line. It looks like he shouldn't have been able to turn left late Friday afternoon when I shot this video of him practicing by the boat launch. Assuming that is the PWC in question it seems to turn left just fine. He did pull to shore after that ride and was looking at the engine with an unhappy look. It's HD video so you should be able to go 1080/full screen and see what pump it's running or rubber might be glued in the pump area. I can pull out some stills from the original video file tonight if someone wants to review that.

definitely dosnt look like it turns.. especially left..

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom