Freestyle Lee stone and why he couldn't wow the world again

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
As I said Ivan got a good v-wake. More of them where like this one. Here is Parr trying to direct the boats like a cop directs traffic:

Last edited by a moderator:

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Malones gf is flaming stone now. You know it's bad when his gf has to stick up for him.lol
you want to see a picture of a pissed off girlfriend ?? check out the look on lee stones chick not knowing that she's looking at the new world champ... darts coming out of her eyes. i didn't realize at the time that there would be all this drama. i was just having a good time.snapping photos.classic look on her face, not to out of control just not receptive.lee really held his mug during this ordeal and was still receptive to the fans. a true professional ! its a bumber that after such a good event that theres all this fallout, but i understand it. things just didn't go well for lee..

Attachments

• P1010545.jpg
    P1010545.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

RiverRat

Not really entertained by pro freestyle anymore.........seems to be a disappointment every year. Bring back the 90's before the time of backflips and BF hulls! Just my off topic 2 cents.

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
yea thats why jermy parr was so entertaining to watch ,he mixed it up some old with the new.i like the thought of sticking to our roots and respecting our founders of the sport.i also think that thats what came to the surface in am. freestyle.conditions were so bad that if you only had flips in your bag of tricks it wasn't going to happen.so guys like mike d. were great to watch and persevered even in the rough waters.got to be a well rounded rider in my book..

Last edited:

RiverRat

Best pro freestyle I saw lately was Parr at nationals a few years ago. He rode a superjet w a 701 I think. Malone won on his q8 and parr was almost last. Parr had the best routine I had seen in years. Entertaining and flawless!

tensecrnr

boost everything
B.s.

we were there in the cove lee was practicing in watching everyday...and he was doing very great compared to his video (Sheffield Cable Wakeboard Lee Stone Freestyle Jetski Show High Def) we watched him do alot of rolls most he didn't land well...his back flips where no where near as high...and the whole point is (((we all know what he is capable of ))) and he should have the choice when it comes down to not feeling comfortable on a ski... i just think there should have been a back up q8 in case that bad a$$ aerial 8 didn't work...every time he would do a trick it was back to the beach to wrench again...he did not look satisfied by the ski's performance on any of the days we witnessed...the whole story is sad but for a world champ to be knocked down and blamed for him not to be out 2 weeks early to water test a ski is awful...he has another job and did the best he could by coming out 4 days ahead of time...If i practice and worked as hard as he did to get thrown under the bus by my so called friends I would also feel the need to defend myself.

As an eme mechanic and rider there is alot of controversy about what had happened. Being people want to side with either eme or stone i have been there from the very start. The aerial 8 was developed months in advanced before world finals. The ski was tested. Lee had the first production aerial 8 from the mold. We did spend alot of long nights and days working on preparing lee stone for world finals. Lee as most know was in a contract with seaworld which allowed him 4 days to come to world finals. He showed up wednsday to view his all New Aerail 8 and after testing wanted to change pumps, props, and nozzles. We warned him of our unknown knowledge of this swap but he wanted it anyway. We spent days trying to dial in the issues he had with the nozzles. The inlet for water was changed to try and help this bigger pump. Lee practiced just fine on the ski doing backflips and helicopters almost to the moon. Again we spent long sleepless nights working on the ski. Lee claims eme made him use illegal fuel. Yet he forgot to mention he bought the fuel and that illegal fuel doesnt exist, fuel is tuned to the riders liking. It was not checked in tech. At qualifying the ski performed perfectly fine. Lee hucked a massive backflip first second out. He forgot to mention that he installed the steering system and didnt tighten down his superflip bars correctly thus leaving him in a twisted mess during the routine. It was then made aware we should change back to another pump we had originally showed up with. ( These are kawasaki pumps as the Aerial 8 and Q8 only accept kawasaki pumps...not yamaha.) Lee claims the ski does not barrel roll. He was doing 4 rolls in a row in practice. (there are pics!). The day after the competition we spent the whole day going back to what we had origninally showed up with using the kawasaki nozzle system. No problems what so ever occured using this. The night before the competition lee had told me he would not ride if he had a glitch using the yamaha nozzle system. ( Note we had kawasaki on hand). It was even discussed that he could play off a hand injury from the qualifying incident that occured. Stone and the ski were perfectly capable of making it on the water for sundays competition. The decision was left up to the Professional Lee stone to not ride just before the competition. The eme team worked way too hard and made many sacrifices for the rider, Yet we were let down when he decided to throw in the towel. I myself worked way too hard for this story to be twisted like it was. I was there for everything. In a professional world if you have a problem it is your ability to be able to make up for the problem. Not to not ride for your team and contract sponsors.

I was deleted from friends with lee when i had posted on his article, probably to keep the truth away from his post.

The all New Aerial 8 by eme performs out of this world. We can go to the moon with it but jeremy parr wont give me directions :)

i will add some pics here as well

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
As an eme mechanic and rider there is alot of controversy about what had happened. Being people want to side with either eme or stone i have been there from the very start. The aerial 8 was developed months in advanced before world finals. The ski was tested. Lee had the first production aerial 8 from the mold. We did spend alot of long nights and days working on preparing lee stone for world finals. Lee as most know was in a contract with seaworld which allowed him 4 days to come to world finals. He showed up wednsday to view his all New Aerail 8 and after testing wanted to change pumps, props, and nozzles. We warned him of our unknown knowledge of this swap but he wanted it anyway. We spent days trying to dial in the issues he had with the nozzles. The inlet for water was changed to try and help this bigger pump. Lee practiced just fine on the ski doing backflips and helicopters almost to the moon. Again we spent long sleepless nights working on the ski. Lee claims eme made him use illegal fuel. Yet he forgot to mention he bought the fuel and that illegal fuel doesnt exist, fuel is tuned to the riders liking. It was not checked in tech. At qualifying the ski performed perfectly fine. Lee hucked a massive backflip first second out. He forgot to mention that he installed the steering system and didnt tighten down his superflip bars correctly thus leaving him in a twisted mess during the routine. It was then made aware we should change back to another pump we had originally showed up with. ( These are kawasaki pumps as the Aerial 8 and Q8 only accept kawasaki pumps...not yamaha.) Lee claims the ski does not barrel roll. He was doing 4 rolls in a row in practice. (there are pics!). The day after the competition we spent the whole day going back to what we had origninally showed up with using the kawasaki nozzle system. No problems what so ever occured using this. The night before the competition lee had told me he would not ride if he had a glitch using the yamaha nozzle system. ( Note we had kawasaki on hand). It was even discussed that he could play off a hand injury from the qualifying incident that occured. Stone and the ski were perfectly capable of making it on the water for sundays competition. The decision was left up to the Professional Lee stone to not ride just before the competition. The eme team worked way too hard and made many sacrifices for the rider, Yet we were let down when he decided to throw in the towel. I myself worked way too hard for this story to be twisted like it was. I was there for everything. In a professional world if you have a problem it is your ability to be able to make up for the problem. Not to not ride for your team and contract sponsors.

I was deleted from friends with lee when i had posted on his article, probably to keep the truth away from his post.

The all New Aerial 8 by eme performs out of this world. We can go to the moon with it but jeremy parr wont give me directions :)

i will add some pics here as well

Brenden, I know you fairly well and think the world of you, and therefore will bet my sweet a55 that you did NOT type this!!! Tell Eric if he wants to post on the X to use/get his own account.

haha it was me gil, i was there for it all. The ski was fine. Lee and his dad wanted to tinker with what we had. Bad year for me to make it out to worlds but. If it aint broke. dont fix it.

You can check...me and lee are not friends on fb anymore...big woop. Like i said before. i Spent wayy too many sleepless nights working on this project to have it sitting on the beach during a comp. I wrote it gilbert.

last year lee spent 10 days in Pa to train for wf. this year he spent 3 days before the competition to get ready...you tell me buddy. as far as lee being unhappy, the yamaha end nozzle was one of the things he kept trying to tinker with. He was deffinatly in the air, we got the pics tensecnr. Open your eye's

I saw his latest video and was all excited to see his wf routine. I thought he 'd kill it this year again. So I think he did not feel comfortable with the new ski. Who's fault it was, doenst bother me. He still is a great rider and an eme 1200 still seems to be a crazy ski... funny to see this long thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
agree with zack, who cares....whats done is done lee/eme had thier chance & they blew it.....roll on 2012

Poor Eric

I feel sorry for the EME team. Poor Eric, he put a ton of money into Lee and the dude flaked out at the last minute. Lee should have gone out and at least tried. Anyone who has ever competed in any freestyle compitition understands that things can go horrible wrong. I can remember back in the day one of the Freestyle riders hit a bridge, he did not stop, he patched the ski and jumped back on.

Top Bottom