Super Jet LegDrag Lightweight SuperJet Build

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
Bingo...I definitely agree on the layup helping with the damage. In my opinion filling is a band aid. Grinding back the glass and re-laminating that area would have been the correct way to fix.

And since the hull is vinylester resin I would have used the same to repair it. But for most people epoxy is a better choice because of it's secondary bonding characteristics.

Good call on the resin, I wasn't sure what was used with the hull originally so I stuck with epoxy. I completely understand where your coming from with filling just being a band aid. I didn't want to change the outer surface on one side of the ski so I decided to use the layer of carbon as a filler along with thickened resin and then reinforce from the inside to get the strength back. I did grind back the glass and repair the area, but your saying it would have been better to lay-up all the way down across the rail?

Last edited:

tomski

X
Yes, I would have brought it down onto the rail to the outside edge. Preferably all the way out and down. You should always overlap your repair and not end it at the damage.

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
Yes, I would have brought it down onto the rail to the outside edge. Preferably all the way out and down. You should always overlap your repair and not end it at the damage.

Maybe I'll grind it back down and throw another layer all the way down the rail.

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
I've been sorting out the rest of the stuff I need and to make it easier to keep track of I'm just going to list everything in here.

Have:

64x Cylinders/Cases/Intake/Bed Plates
Dual 44's
Cold Fusion Hood Hooks/Steering/Couplers/Tank
RRP Riser Bars
X-Metal Finger Throttle
61x Flywheel/Cover
OEM Motor Mounts
RN Waterbox
Worx Rideplate
Gas Tank and Waterbox Straps/Clips
Rad Dudes Stainless Pole Bracket
Blowsion Pole Spring
08+ RN Pole/Chin Pad
Ebox w/Enhancer/Stator

Need:

X-Metal Stainless Hood Latch
OEM Crank
OEM Midshaft
MSD/JSS Coil
Start-Stop Switch
Flywheel Lightening
Starter/Bendix
Stainless/Carbon Battery Box
Cylinder Cut/Bore/Hone/Porting
ADA Girdled Head
Limited B-Pipe
Exhaust Tube
Wiseco Piston Kits
Hooker Prop
Jet Dynamics Grate
Steering/Throttle Cables
Paint/Turf
X-Metal Trim
Solas 144 Mag
More...

Last edited:

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I have a flywheel cover with oil block off plate ill donate, just pay shipping plus a dollar or so for PayPal. Pm me if you want it. Cool build!!

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
Well two more items off the list, ProSouth hooked me up with a flywheel cover and I just placed an order for a Cold Fusion tank!

Last edited:

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
I like the Carbon battery box idea, I think you should make a couple, I have starter, bendix, Throttle Cable, Empty ebox, rectifier, Stock Battery Box, for the exhuast tube i'm going Carbon http://www.sollercomposites.com/ check out the carbon sleeves,

Alright you order the carbon tubing and Ill make the carbon battery boxes ;)

Mocked up the steering then trimmed/shimmed the chin pad for clearance. Ive got some black velvet left over from a previous project and might have to wrap it with that.

B57F179A-A382-4EB6-9CA7-CF17D156C7E2-557-000000495FA701C7.jpg

40C59CD8-DCFE-44FA-9B4E-24877BC95A05-557-00000049697D83FD.jpg

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
I keep wondering why I'm crazy enough to try doing this build while I'm working full-time, going to school full-time and working on my senior project! Especially given the cost!!!

No major progress other than saving/spending money on parts. Picked up this Gast pump earlier today to vacuum bag some stuff. Its probably not ideal for bagging a whole hull but I think it should work for what I need it for and to at least get me started.

48911FBC-F7AB-4944-933D-9EE698A775AB-107-000000004CF217D1_zpsb85f5af2.jpg

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
Alright so I'm going back and forth about what I want to do for a crank. I've really been thinking about spending the extra money on OEM, it feels like the safer bet, but what about an SBT from JetManiac? Seems like several people are having good luck with them.

Top Bottom