Lenzi Ski Pics

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Just putting the mount to the bumper on a 7'+ ski is not going to help. Shortening the nose toward the mount will be a greater benefit. Think of doing a backflip like spinning around in an office chair. Centralised mass allows easier rotation. Take a spin with your arms and legs held in, then stretch your arms out. Moving the weight farther from the center of rotation makes it more difficult to spin. Now where's my labcoat?

Scientific term is called "Moment of Inertia"

You are 100% spot on.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
The rules DID change for 2009. The hulls are allowed to be within 6.5" in length and 2" in width compared to the homologated ski they resemble.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Lenzi's is SXR based. My take on the rulebook is that they are to loosly resemble a production homologated ski, like a SJ, SXR, Octane. If that's the case you have a stock SJ at 7'4". That would mean your shortest SJ based freestyle legal ski would be 6'9.5" The Q8 would likely have to go by the Octane measurements. Now who knows what they will say the FS1 is based on. If they say it's a 550 then the length might pass, but the width won't. I think there will be another fiasco at WF or sooner, when guys try to compete on new hulls like a team bill and get DQ'd before they even hit the water.
The new rules also make the competitors submit their ski to a pre-comp inspection corral for scrutineering by officials AND competitors. Protests can be filed during that period.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
:ugh2:
who knows.

Personally, I believe the pro's should be able to ride what they want.

Am. Should be OEM Hulls only.

:grumble:this is a great statement since the OEM'S are not sponsoring or doing anything to promote the sport. sponsored riders should be able to ride what ever company's ski they have been given the opportunity to rock for that season.

:swordfight:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
:ugh2:

:grumble:this is a great statement since the OEM'S are not sponsoring or doing anything to promote the sport. sponsored riders should be able to ride what ever company's ski they have been given the opportunity to rock for that season.

:swordfight:

Within reason. I do not think it fair for Joe Backflipper who is an amature to show up with an FS1 with a 1000cc Team Ripyourarmsout Motor and compete against 10 other competitors on OEM hulls with nothing larger than a 85mm Yamaha motor.

Pro Class. If you could take a showbox and drop a 1200cc WDK with a drypipe (we know that may never happen) and compete on it. I say let them.

The rule change fixes the new hull issues, but whatever ski yours is claimed to resemble is cases that you must run to be legal. If your ski is claimed to be an SXR, then you better have a kawi based motor in there....

Top Bottom