Lone Star Free Ride 2011 Roll call and info:

Melmack

(Timothy)
Great news! I recieved a reply from the Port A Deputy City manager today:

Tim –

The ordinances you posted are correct. You can beach launch in the I.B. McGee County Park (from the south jetty to within 250’ of the fishing pier) and anywhere south of Beach Access Road #1 (the golf course road). We always have a turnover in the police force so many of the new officers don’t know the regs. I’d just print out a copy of ordinance so you can show them. Or just tell them “Dave Parsons” said it was okay.

Take care and have some fun,

David

David Parsons

Deputy City Manager

City of Port Aransas, TX

Nice!

It looks like im going to make it to the ride, i just need to get the skis registered, put my bilge pumps in both skis, pack the bearings on the trailer, rewire the trailer, finish welding up a few things on the trailer and my rear bumper, adjust the rear brakes on the blazer, and maybe a few other things too. Haha im gonna be a little busy this weekend and into next week but it shouldn't be too bad. Lookin forward to seeing you guys there!

Last edited:
Roll call:

BByamaha
SteveOwe
Melmack
Spunky
Peter123
Dragginblazer
Murdock
Skinnyman
Sidsol
bobob729
Martin33
Only-FX1(And Austin crew)
wavegoddess
Swapmeet
Martin33
Odd Duck(Probably)
Penguin?
Smoofers
dfwstandup
QuickMick
Bluffskier
nizzit
TJLsuperjet
'kotajoe
Wave Chaser(Like it or not)
ClayMax and Greg
Premix
JeffX2&SX
Nizzit
Roadhazzardguy
LiquidForce5010
Murdock
Sidsol
Addict
Liquid-6
Loganpsd + 2

u have murdock on there twice

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
and nizzit is on there twice two (too) =)

btw waves are killer right now! looks like they might be dropping off by Thursday.............hope that's not the case.

Melmack

(Timothy)
Thanks. It's fixed now. Clearly you guys have had more sleep than me. Ive spent every evening and day off working to get my rides ready. I'm exhausted but, I got the 300 rippin' and the X-2 750 fired up just an hour ago. Can't wait to water test. Happy Easter everybody!

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
if anyone needs access to a garage with electricity I'm about 20 minutes from Port A. Willing to help....and learn =)

swapmeet

Brotastic
Just finished watching a video of some guys riding surf. Very sad that i'm not coming, but theres no way my ski would be ready. I hope ya'll have a blast.

Melmack, if I came down another time this year with some friends would you be up to showing us the ropes on surf riding?

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Well if it makes you feel any better swapmeet - I don't know if I'll have my boat ready by then. I'm still going to the ride no matter what! There should be plenty of people that would let you ride their ski a bit. But, I understand, it's just not the same without your own ski.

Top Bottom