Loud Exhausts @ Daytona Freeride

Anyone running a loud and or completely annoying exhaust will not be registering their ski and will not be allowed to ride in the jet ski zone @ Daytona. It's the only thing the beach patrol really has a hard on for. So show up w/ annoying and loud skis, you won't be riding. It's as simple as that. We need to show respect for the community and un-needed noise will not be tolerated.

Don't think you are gonna be the one guy we let slide through, cause it aint happening. Sorry to sound like a dick, but it's something that has been a big problem throughout the year here. We keep getting kooks showing up w/ garbage skis and making a bunch people pissed because the skis have no waterbox or are modified in some way to be louder than a 747.

Thanks - Nick

I don't know. I have heard some ridiculously loud exhausts as of late and I'm not up on what models they are. You know if you ski is annoying, and if it is, quiet it down or put a stock box in it.

example: I run a waterline into the end of my front exhaust to keep noise down...

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I agree and also find it ironic that the event sponsor makes arguably the loudest 'waterbox' there is, plus it's being held where the Daytona 500 and Bike Week are held. Patrick's ski at the Riot Ride 2006 is the loudest ski I've ever heard, though they seem quieter now with the PFP pipes.

I agree and also find it ironic that the event sponsor makes arguably the loudest 'waterbox' there is, plus it's being held where the Daytona 500 and Bike Week are held. Patrick's ski at the Riot Ride 2006 is the loudest ski I've ever heard, though they seem quieter now with the PFP pipes.

I find it pretty crazy that we have to wear helmets and bikers don't, we are bitched at continuously about loud exhausts and biker can run whatever exhaust they want at any time of the day or night... I guess when we get over 400,000 jet skiers to come to the freeride we will be able to skirt the laws like bikers do..

Also, I can hear the cars at the speedway from my house 3-4 miles away, but Nascar brings probably 300,000 people to the area.

I find it pretty crazy that we have to wear helmets and bikers don't, we are bitched at continuously about loud exhausts and biker can run whatever exhaust they want at any time of the day or night... I guess when we get over 400,000 jet skiers to come to the freeride we will be able to skirt the laws like bikers do..

Also, I can hear the cars at the speedway from my house 3-4 miles away, but Nascar brings probably 300,000 people to the area.

The problem is that all of the old grumpy people are the ones that have all the time to go and complain at township meetings and bitch to the people in power. As much as it sucks we have two choices......Stay on top of what's going on and show up in numbers to save our sport, or try not to draw negative attention and not have to deal with all the BS.
All of my friends have put quiet exhaust back on their snowmobiles so we can keep our trails open. It's a small price to pay.

The problem is that all of the old grumpy people are the ones that have all the time to go and complain at township meetings and bitch to the people in power. As much as it sucks we have two choices......Stay on top of what's going on and show up in numbers to save our sport, or try not to draw negative attention and not have to deal with all the BS.
All of my friends have put quiet exhaust back on their snowmobiles so we can keep our trails open. It's a small price to pay.

thank you... I agree completely!!!!!!

noise is a big reason motorsports get frowned at.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish

Exactly what I was getting at, but it's nice to be setting an example.

its the front exhausts.........seems that the X2's are some of the worst

i think you could pretty much run any waterbox you like with a rear only outlet...

but once its up front and above the waterline all the time it gets piercing

Big Kahuna

Administrator
its the front exhausts.........seems that the X2's are some of the worst

i think you could pretty much run any waterbox you like with a rear only outlet...

but once its up front and above the waterline all the time it gets piercing

Not always. Depending on waterflow, front and rear exhaust can be fairly quiet. I have ridden a few that just rung your ears, stock waterbox and really dry. Mine has more water running and is not nearly as loud as many.

Wow, I wonder than if my ski is too loud. I hear what you are saying nick .I totally see your point that you have been brought up. I understand you are not starting a stink with us. You are just put in the middle.. Yea my ski is louder than many. 8 mil stroker, 2nd generation x-metal water box, front and rear exhaust.. is this too loud.?? . I will be welcome to run my pissers at my front exhaust for this ride to accomidate peoples complaints..

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Wow, I wonder than if my ski is too loud. I hear what you are saying nick .I totally see your point that you have been brought up. I understand you are not starting a stink with us. You are just put in the middle.. Yea my ski is louder than many. 8 mil stroker, 2nd generation x-metal water box, front and rear exhaust.. is this too loud.?? . I will be welcome to run my pissers at my front exhaust for this ride to accomidate peoples complaints..

How about you just stay home? :slap:

Your ski is loud but not unbearable...

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power

Pat,

I got the same thing. My Orange ski has Xmetal with Front & Rear. Its loud, but not like those X-2's.

I was thinking to block off the front for the freeride & just run the rear. Not hard to do & allows us to keep the same water flow in the box. I had this set up on my Carbon ski & it wasn't bad.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account

I drilled and tapped a fitting at the exhaust side of my xmetal box and run one pisser line there, seems to help

I drilled and tapped a fitting at the exhaust side of my xmetal box and run one pisser line there, seems to help

I think i will do this mod too. Did not think mine is to loud but just trying to help out , kinda make a line about what is to loud and what is not :slap:

And about you punk :lmao: Your momma calling go see what she wants..:fing02:

Pat,

I got the same thing. My Orange ski has Xmetal with Front & Rear. Its loud, but not like those X-2's.

I was thinking to block off the front for the freeride & just run the rear. Not hard to do & allows us to keep the same water flow in the box. I had this set up on my Carbon ski & it wasn't bad.

please do... your ski was the loudest I have heard in a while and beach patrol would freak out!!!!

:spank:

Pat,

yeah that one Mike has it RETARDED....it freaking makes my eardrum tingle everytime it starts up

the front exhaust really adds ALOT to the noise factor

this is not necessarily a NEW thing either...beach patrol bout kicked me off the water at the freeride in 07 with my front exhaust/TDR combo...

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I don't know. I have heard some ridiculously loud exhausts as of late and I'm not up on what models they are. You know if you ski is annoying, and if it is, quiet it down or put a stock box in it.

example: I run a waterline into the end of my front exhaust to keep noise down...
I was thinking specifically one like Caker had, I can always tell when that boat was out.

butti

lone wolf
Pat,

not trying to pile on here but sunday morning when my ski broke and i was sitting at the ramp i could hear your ski all the way out at the break:nono:

Last edited:
Top Bottom