Matty J's 2015 WDK Carbon RIP

I hear you about the little problems adding up to big time. It's looking really good though. What did you end up at for the pole length, bolt to stem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducky

Back in the game!
Looks awesome Matt... I cut 10 1/2 inches off my stock rrp poles.. Wich is where 2 people told me to cut them and I have a little adjustment still could go longer if needed.. Sure was uncomfortable about taking a chop saw to my poles haha

Thanks! The wrap is so much brighter in person, but the lighting isnt very good in that room.

And I hear you on chopping the pole. Ive talked to a lot of people with Rok-Rs and RIPs about pole length, so I wasnt too worried about chopping it. I also bought another pair of pole tubes just incase I didnt like it super short.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Are you using the air hose lines ?

I used it for the pump area, and then I am using the rigid hose for a little length in the hull and then converting it to a more conventional style of cooling line for ease of routing it. I actually am digging these push connect fittings. The hardest part of using it in the pump area was getting it the perfect length to engage both fittings and not kink.

I did
I used it for the pump area, and then I am using the rigid hose for a little length in the hull and then converting it to a more conventional style of cooling line for ease of routing it. I actually am digging these push connect fittings. The hardest part of using it in the pump area was getting it the perfect length to engage both fittings and not kink.
I went the same route

Looks great Matt

Measure those waterlines between the pump and hull and write them down for next time. Those rigid lines don't hold up like regular waterline. Did you have to "snake" the steering cable through the hull? sucks huh?

Everytime I see your ski this song plays :)

Last edited:

Ducky

Back in the game!
Looks great Matt

Measure those waterlines between the pump and hull and write them down for next time. Those rigid lines don't hold up like regular waterline. Did you have to "snake" the steering cable through the hull? sucks huh?

Yea, I symmetrically snaked the steering cable and trim cable through the engine bay...it pleases my OCD :)

Im glad my ski can bring joy to your day with musical memories!!!!! lol.

Yea, I symmetrically snaked the steering cable and trim cable through the engine bay...it pleases my OCD :)

Im glad my ski can bring joy to your day with musical memories!!!!! lol.

Haha, yeah well I'm old...

How many shims "didn't" you use to mount your engine and pump? If you didn't mount the engine yet, I think you will be surprised.

P.S. You should keep the jetlift stand for display purposes, looks great indoors!

Last edited:
Looks great Matt

Im not as old as I thought i was. Don't remember ministry ever sounding like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducky

Back in the game!
Haha, yeah well I'm old...

How many shims "didn't" you use to mount your engine and pump? If you didn't mount the engine yet, I think you will be surprised.

P.S. You should keep the jetlift stand for display purposes, looks great indoors!

Im keeping the JetLift for now. I just hate not using stuff like this that isnt cheap, but it does look good!

I got the motor aligned yesterday with no shims....although I did have a few summer Ales before that. For the pump, we put 1 thin shim on all 4 corners, but we probably could have gotten away with zero shims as well.

I will recheck today after I get home from work and am sober haha.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Got the cables routed in their final place. I integrated some cable clamps into two of the gas tank strap hooks and where the cables crossed under the midshaft, they were a little raised up and I didnt like how close they were to the coupler so I GFlexed a nut to the hull, and used two other cable clamps to be able to mount to one mount. I would have used another mini UFO mount, but I was out of them. It seemed to work out really will, and all the cables operate as smooth as normal. I gave myself a high five for that :) I wrapped the steering cable in turf right behind the motor mount but it isnt pictured.

GzSpnSY.png

ryDEHl7.png

And then I spent like 25-30 minutes trying to get the dang hard line hose into the rear push to connect fittings all the way in the back hull and made a little tool out of a clothes hanger to help guide the line into place anddddd well........

Let this be a lesson for you guys...this hard line doesnt go into versi plugs very easily hahahahaha. I bent over a little farther in the hull, and realized the push connect fittings for the cooling line were much more accessible.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Got the exhaust outlet all figured out. A normal RN SJ exhaust hose isnt long enough....so I used a full length RRP pole tube and cut the rubber hose to fit. Looks good and worked perfectly.

LASjlZ3.png

And the limited slip tank also fits perfectly, although I will be changing it out for a kart tank. I have never run through 5 gallons all at one time.

xDYBXxL.png

KDCFvRZ.png

Top Bottom