Matty J's 2015 WDK Carbon RIP

Ducky

Back in the game!
I took the carbon fiber tank stop that came with my limited slip gas tank, and cut it in two. I am using one for the waterbox, and one for the gas tank. Since the waterbox is way up in the rocker of the nose, this will definitely help keep it where it needs to be. Still have to glue down the gas tank stop, but I need to have it in the hull to figure out where it needs to go.

I drilled some holes on the bottom of the stops so the gflex can push through and hopefully help it bond better.

UsGvxwR.png

CSCwwTE.png

D3QBFih.png

Ducky

Back in the game!
Got a few things done tonight. First AM ski definitely has a steep learning curve, but im enjoying learning and taking each problem one by one. Only worked for a couple hours tonight.

The UFO mounts I got from JetManiac are awesome. Real easy to setup, and they are definitely glued down good. The small UFO mounts I used for the Waterbox and Gas Tank mounts are pretty low profile, so I had to take all of my strap hooks, and cut off the tab that curls over stock hull mounts. I cut them off, and cleaned up all the edges like this so they would sit flat. Usually there is a tab facing downwards on the right side of this hook.

0KK2TEH.png

Mini H2O designs box strapped in and fits great.

NlKCzTu.png

Got the pump area pretty much all set. Trim is installed.

Np5jsbG.png

Next issue was the swivel push connect fitting on the right side of the pump being too bulky, and it was interfering with the steering cable, so I swapped it back out for the typical water fitting and its good to go now.

lHL4j03.png

Tomorrow night I will mount the ebox for good, work on shimming the motor if necessary, and keep plugging away. Cant wait to hit the water.

Hey I'm not sure what pipe you are running but if your running the b pipe you have to mount the ebox all the way to the right side or b pipe elbow will hit it! Learn from my mistakes !! Mine is all ready to go just have to put the pump in

Ducky

Back in the game!
Hey I'm not sure what pipe you are running but if your running the b pipe you have to mount the ebox all the way to the right side or b pipe elbow will hit it! Learn from my mistakes !! Mine is all ready to go just have to put the pump in

Yep, that is why I havent fully mounted it yet...I was seeing if I could come up with a better idea, but with using the b-pipe in this hull, you dont have many better options for mounting the ebox. Once I go to a powerfactor style pipe, there will be no issues.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Pretty sure you want to move the cable to the top hole in that bracket. Looks like you'll wear the cable faster with that angle there...
Otherwise, looking good. Make sure to take enough time to breath!

I started the trim cable at the top hole, but it was hitting the allen head pump bolt so I moved it down. Once I get everything adjusted, I will see what the best option is.

And Im taking plenty of time to breath! lol. Im taking my time with this thing and making sure I do the best I can.

Last edited:
I started up the trim cable at the top hole, but it was hitting the allen head pump bolt so I moved it down. Once I get everything adjusted, I see what the best option is.

And Im taking plenty of time to breath! lol. Im taking my time with this thing and making sure I do the best I can.
Just change the allen head bolt to a regular 8mm bolt

On jetting I started with 100 L. 125 H, 2.0 seat with 65 gram spring @ 14 or so pop off measured with a gauge. 1 turn out each, runs perfect so far, still on first tank....

Ducky

Back in the game!
Ok cool. So that jetting feels good?

I am at 117.5 low at 1 turn out, 120 high at like 1/2 turn out....havent tried it with the 120 highs yet though. 1.5 NS with 65 gram spring for around 32ish pop off.

Yes it feels crisp, instant throttle response and revs out good.

This same jetting I ran on my 8mil Lamey with the same 4 hole aftermarket 44's so I figured how could this smaller cc engine need more fuel.. So started their instead

Ducky

Back in the game!
Yes it feels crisp, instant throttle response and revs out good.

This same jetting I ran on my 8mil Lamey with the same 4 hole aftermarket 44's so I figured how could this smaller cc engine need more fuel.. So started their instead

Cool, thanks for the info. Cant wait to get back on the water.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Worked on the ski a couple hours tonight. Got all the cables run and figured out the routing. It is a pain in the a$$ running cables that are usable in a stock length hull in a hull that is short as fawk, but got it all figured out. Chopped the pole to where it feels comfortable with me in the holds on a stand. If it ends up being too short, ive got another set of full length tubes to mess with. The pump area, trim, ride plate are all fully installed and good to go. Steering cable/ Steering centered and good to go.

Just have to put the motor in for good, run the cooling lines, install pipe and exhaust hose, tidy up the engine bay and I should be ready for the water :)

Its crazy how all the little details take so long to actually complete...I have a lot of respect for all of the AM builds. But the problem solving is fun for me, and I am totally lovin' how my RIP is turning out.

nc5PwjM.png

JFNi2u2.png

4l5AitB.png

Looks awesome Matt... I cut 10 1/2 inches off my stock rrp poles.. Wich is where 2 people told me to cut them and I have a little adjustment still could go longer if needed.. Sure was uncomfortable about taking a chop saw to my poles haha

Top Bottom