Blaster Maxing out my 701cc blaster *UPDATE* 57.4MPH!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Almost have her back together! Just waiting on the pump to be blue printed and then it will be off to the lake.
Have a new Solas Concord 14.5/18 too.

I switched engines with my sj so it will probably be a bit slower.
701cc 61x/61x Freestyle ported by CPT
ada girdled head 37cc domes ( Wife/loaner ski so going with lower compression)
Pipe has been Sand blasted and cleaned in hot solvent. It is currently completely carbon free and like a brand new pipe. Has new lord mounts and bolts too.
44mm mikuni
Stock 61x cdi - If i have an issue bouncing off the rev limiter I might buy an Enhancer for it.
new gaskets

BpXnzU2.jpg

Gnf39LQ.jpg

Should run well. Did you have the Concord repitched or was it out of spec from the factory? I hadn't seen a Concord in a 14.5 before. Should be a good choice for what youre running.

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Do you guys think I will be ok with the same jetting or should I go down a jet or two? (downgraded from 46mm to 44mm carb, 718cc to 701cc, msd to stock cdi)
Old jetting with 46mm carb: H165 L125 2.3 N/S

New setup Changes:
701cc - low end ported
44mm sbn
ocean pro flame arrestor
Ada head 37cc
Stock cdi
Coffman Rocket exhaust
Port matched and polish exhaust manifold
Solas 14.5/18

Old Setup

718cc 61x/61x Sleeves matched to ports
91 octane
Coffman Rocket exhaust
TDR waterbox
Protec head
Protec 46mm carb H165 L125 2.3 N/S. Not sure what spring.
Stock Reeds
Ocean Pro Flame Arrestor.
MSD Enhancer set to 8000
Stock prop
OP Ride plate
OP Intake grate

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Shes Alive! 170psi in each cylinder and purrs like a pissed off kitten. Taking her out for tuning tomorrow after work. Any guesses on new top speed?

Going to start with jetting at 165H and 122.5L seat and spring the same.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Water was choppy with a steady wind and still managed to hit 53mph @ 6750rpms! Hit 6780rpms a few times but not for more then a second. The freestyle port job from @Nuklear6 made a big difference as the bottom end is awesome. She really gets on it now. Only thing is mypilot jet is too big, had the pilot screw turned all the way in and she still had a rich hesitation if you pinned it from idling. I am also going to try a 167.5M and 170Main jet to see if I can get my rpms up.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Took off the ADA head to find that one of the domes didn't seal and was letting water in the front cylinder... Not sure how much it is affecting performance but hopefully it will be even better once I get it figured out.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Changed the jets to 170H and 120L, Have the domes stuck in place with 1211 and should have little to no wind tomorrow. Here is hoping for 55mph@7k!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Took her out to see if I was close with the tuning and she hit hard right off the line and pulled hard right up until the handle bar snapped.. So need to find some new bars now. :(

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Well my wife rode her blaster for the first time this weekend... "The throttle is too touchy, and it goes too fast when you give it gas"... So looks like she is getting a couch. :(

On another note, why are my rpms so low. I tried going up a jet size and they are same. Any guesses on what the bottle neck could be, and would it be worth going up to a 48mm a/m carb?

Top Bottom