Other Most frustrating moments with your ski.. Let's hear yours!

Man I wouldn't know where to begin on "most frustrating" but reading these replies is like watching the Joe Theismann injury video over and over....or that NBA leg snapper dude...

tom21

havin fun
I am sure I can come up with some very painful ski moments but in hindsight the worst is when you have a long run of breakages or struggle to overcome an issue as some you are right now. that long stretch to me is the worst part. you dont know what is wrong or what will happen next and its like a nightmare that just wont end. it sucks being stuck in that. It kills your spirit and makes you hate skis.

on the flipside, when you get it all sorted out it just feels so right when you are back on the water and the sun is shining and life is good again.

missing oring on a gas filler cap. causing the ski to loose prime. whole season to figure it out. It would keep prime than loose prime. Bought the ski with missing flame arrisistor, Told the po i had concerns. he says skiers never use them for theres no dirt in the lakes. found bolts floating under motor every once in awhile. bought flame arristor and installed some time later. couldnt get 701 tuned right idled rough, hard to prime etc etc. found out season later same kind of bolt that was found floating in hull was jammed in reed peddle. makes since after rebuilding carb and going to bigger jets made it idle smoother. had a big friggin hole in the reed.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
BUMP! This was an interesting thread.. Let's keep it up.
I'm sure some more frustrating things have happened lately.

It's when surf report says 3-5ft and up at 8s, however unable to ride...
At least half of my frustration is cut off since I moved out from Great Lakes where the fall season meant the end of riding...

Tyrant1919

Site Supporter
Just switched to AntiGravity. Kept blowing fuses in Ebox. Not sure why. Dropped ski off at clinic. After a day or so, went to pick it up and found out I had the polarity reversed when hooking up the battery. I lost a day of riding because of it. It's always the simple :):):):).

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
Here is my latest one.
When you break your steer nozzle while putting your ski on the beach cart. I did this to my wavejammer last weekend when we were at pismo. Luckily half of the nozzle was still there. I still rode it but I could only turn left. I called it the NASCAR edition wavejammer.

CRJ

Hibernating
i had no issues all season, both skis ran great and happy. so im going to tear apart running machines for "upgrades" adding around 562cc between the two skis.

Using too long of exhaust manifold bolts causing my power valves to stick, ruining one power valve when trying to remove the power valve with the bolt still in the manifold. I didnt know the top exhaust bolt threads into power valve chamber on the SXR style (only me).

Last edited:
Buying a blown up squarenose with no money left over for a new motor... Luckily the guy reimbursed me after I figured out the top end was roasted.. Lessons learned there. Still pissed it started up perfectly for the guy on the cold blown engine at his house before money exchange. Tried screwing me, what a dick. I use a compression tester now...

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
i had no issues all season, both skis ran great and happy. so im going to tear apart running machines for "upgrades" adding around 562cc between the two skis.
What kinda skis do you have? And what the heck is your riding style if you haven't broken anything all season LOL? How often do you ride?
Maybe you're just super lucky.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Buying a blown up squarenose with no money left over for a new motor... Luckily the guy reimbursed me after I figured out the top end was roasted.. Lessons learned there. Still pissed it started up perfectly for the guy on the cold blown engine at his house before money exchange. Tried screwing me, what a dick. I use a compression tester now...
At least you got reimbursed! That's still terrible though. Was it a craigslist find?
Compression testers are definitely your friend..

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
The second you realize that the ski you are riding that is not yours and cost more than you can afford not only wont start but is about to sink far from shore.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Off the freaking charts. Like a slow motion bad dream. Luckily my wife was out in our boat pulling kids wakeboarding and they had just fallen nearby. I screamed "COME GET ME NOWWWWW!!!!!" and by the time she got to me (seconds later) only the nose was bobbing and I was holding it like that so the air would stay trapped.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Off the freaking charts. Like a slow motion bad dream. Luckily my wife was out in our boat pulling kids wakeboarding and they had just fallen nearby. I screamed "COME GET ME NOWWWWW!!!!!" and by the time she got to me (seconds later) only the nose was bobbing and I was holding it like that so the air would stay trapped.
Well at least it didn't completely sink..That would have been terrible.
What kinda ski was it?

Top Bottom