my 1st stand up, and this happens!

If you're going to be blaming others for your problem, then you better be sure to back up your side of the story with facts and a good, accurate narrative of what happened. Severe water intrusion and a busted coupler don't just happend under normal conditions. What's the story?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I am not even sure what it's called that shettered, and ripped my spark plug wires. Let me know if these pic is enough to see.

are you trying to say "Shattered", as in, something got in my pump and locked the driveline causing my coupler to Shatter........

or

my coupler shattered due to something getting in my pump causing the driveline to come to a very quick halt.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Eh.....so, shattered coupler, hole in the hull, and a torn off plug wire.

Please, tell us how each one happened.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
That 'hole' in the hull just looks like sand to me, and isn't that one of the pre-sale pics anyway?

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
would the engine being misaligned, or a broken engine mount do this as well?

I assume the rubber damper get 'ejected' with such force that it took the wires out with it?

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I would guess that it had a few broken motor mounts. then , all it takes is one good jump and it's all over.
Always check the motor mounts before every ride. Just tug on the motor in both direction .

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I really wish this guy would be more specific on what happend here. For the record, I did not sell this ski to whoever this guy is I sold it to Brandon (Link) on here. It ran PERFECT the day before I sent it to him. This ski was gone over before I shipped it to Brandon and he can attest that it ran fine. This is this guys 1st stand up and I am not sure what he could have done to cause this but I would sure like to know. This is a time tested ski that I rode ALL SEASON so there were no known problems when it left me.

You are more than welcome to PM me your phone# and I will try to help figure out what went wrong and walk you through fixing it if you wish.

First things 1st though bro, if you took on water you better take the head off and lubricate the cylenedrs or get it runnin NOW. When you take the head off post pics of pistons and cylenders TOO.

There is no way I would sell a problem boat people I do not need the $$$$ that bad and I can fix any problem a ski may have.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I realize you are ridding on a lake, but in the surf that is a pretty common break. Mike Serlin blew up, I believe, coupler #4 on Sat.
This is not the fault of the builder, but usually the rider. As said, sucking something up, or hitting bottom, or a broken motor mount will cause this to blow. Usually destroys both couplers, the damper, and the cover/shild.

Adam123: State your case. You are not making sence right now.

1st of all I am not trying to blame anybody for this, especially when sjetrider has good reputation. I am just tring to get advice, becasue this boat f...ing riped for 2 hours. And then when this sheddered, yes it took water like crazy. There is no whole on the side, it's send. Let me know what i should take pics. of.

That's too bad..... What were you doing when this happened? I still haven't seen that posted yet.... were you jumping it? hit something? I would like to know...so I can avoid doing that to my ski if possible...

1st time riding a stand up, and should say i got used to it pretty quick. I took under water a few times with pump on at that point i was pretty beat so i took it on the straight away and just gave it all had and that's when this happened

That's too bad..... What were you doing when this happened? I still haven't seen that posted yet.... were you jumping it? hit something? I would like to know...so I can avoid doing that to my ski if possible...

Top Bottom