My ski's were stolen.

Yeah, I'm pressing charges if anyone gets arrested.

I'll post the full story once I hear from the police today. But for now, what I know is this:

I get a call last night from a guy I know, but did not have his number anymore. He knew the guy that ended up with the skis. We'll call him guy_A. guy_A bought them cheap from guy_B, but guy_A figured something was off, because you don't get two superjets, one with all the bolt ons for under 1k with no title and registration and they aren't stolen. guy_A should have known this, but bought them anyways, got spooked and wanted his money back from guy_B.

Now guy_B I haven't talked to yet, but hes the one who still has my trailer. And, I guess he's changed his story multiple times. He's either won them in a "storage unit auction" which they do infact do....after about 4 months of no payments being made. They put a lien on your crap, contact you daily trying to get you to pay so they don't auction. I know this because I was the assistant manager to a storage unit place for a few months. His other story is that "oh, no what I meant was I bought them from a guy who got them at an auction, not me" No dude, there was no auction. You either stole them or someone else you got them from stole them. I guess one of his stories he changed was "I think I took the wrong stuff I won in auction" mmhmm.

Basically, my opinion of it is that once they found out I already had the cops involved and had my paperwork, all parties want to play nice now. Who'd a thunk, right? :eek:

For now at least, I'll give guy_A a little bit of credit for coming forward. But I can't help but feel tough sh* if he gets in some trouble over this, considering he KNEW what was on those skis, and somehow bought them assuming he'd then go flip them. Because, as I've said, around here? Unless you have a private spot at your house with lake access, you are not getting away with an unregistered ski with out of date stickers, and he should know better. On top of that, my reg numbers were removed, the chin pad was sent out to get re-done, my bilge pump is missing, and the grips were ripped off. I told the guy I want whoever he shipped the chin pad to, ship it back to me and do nothing.

And of course guy_A 'wants nothing to do with this'. Well you shouldn't have bought stolen skis. You're part of it now, bud.

So we will see what happens. And I'd wager at least one person will be arrested over this. And I WILL be pressing charges.

This was heart breaking story when it started and I am so glad you got them back, I hate thieves. You just dont mess with a mans ski or anything else for that matter. But please dont store them in a open lot in a stall again.. lol, I'm sure you'll be more careful from now on.
Yeah, i gotta figure something else out. Thought they were safe in a locked gate with cameras. They were fine for two years. But what good are gate codes when people give them out. And what good are cameras that delete footage after a few weeks.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Your typical thief has a luke warm IQ so I’m not surprised they showed up so soon and local. Are you suspicious of guy A? From what I understand he didn’t tell you but got ratted on by his friend to you?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Glad to hear you got them back.

Don't let the storage place off the hook either. If they advertise a secure location with insurance and surveillance and then give you the runaround when something happens, then I would at a minimum give them some free advertising on the local news and social media.

HarryConnolly

Site Supporter
Last time my poop got stolen they painted it. I literally skipped over the ad, a local cat I know looked at it and knew it was mine.

I actually had the same story of “oh I bought it from him like this.” It’s always a group of scumbags running in their own little scumbag circle. I wouldn’t buy it. No one buys stolen stuff who isn’t a scum lord maggot.

I sued both assholes in court, both mouth breathers didn’t even show up. I’m pretty sure they lived in the woods with their brood of scumlings feeding off raccoons and peoples stuff…I won but still still no pay out, I won’t get one either. The price to get an attorney to garnish their wages from scrapping is nearly as much as they owe me.

poopty system, glad you found them

Wish they would just let us beat them up

Shucks

Your typical thief has a luke warm IQ so I’m not surprised they showed up so soon and local. Are you suspicious of guy A? From what I understand he didn’t tell you but got ratted on by his friend to y

I played it cool with him so I could get my skis, and he admitted something felt off about the whole exchange with guy_B. But guy_A's reasoning was maybe he was just getting lucky because when he saw what was under the hood of the black ski he said "holy f*". Talk is cheap and knowing he knew what was inside it and bought them with no title or reg anyways for 1k tells me he was hoping for a quick flip and new from the start they had to be stolen

Well i got the trailer back. They screwed up my wheels and put cheap ones on. Looks like they drove it flat. My license plate is gone. And my bunks and overal set up was chanded so i gotta reset everything.

This son of a b*tch had the nerve to ask me if he could buy the trailer from me on facebook. Don't know yet if they are going to prosecute him

Myself

manic mechanic
True story........back 15 years ago probably, a friend of mine had been looking for a sport quad. He stops by one afternoon and says "DUDE, I got an awesome deal on a Banshee. It's got pipes, ITP wheels, nerf bars, blah blah. This dude was moving and about to lose his storage so he needed quick cash. I met him at the storage and got it for 1k!" I was like ummmmmm......it's hot man. The pipes alone were like $700. ONLY THEN did he realize it. He says "Oh man, I'm so stupid. How did I fall for that?!" Ya, it was kind of a mess but the owner got it back and my buddy got his cash back too.

HarryConnolly

Site Supporter
Well i got the trailer back. They screwed up my wheels and put cheap ones on. Looks like they drove it flat. My license plate is gone. And my bunks and overal set up was chanded so i gotta reset everything.

This son of a b*tch had the nerve to ask me if he could buy the trailer from me on facebook. Don't know yet if they are going to prosecute him
Not trying to make light of your tough time but I wish I could see how this all goes down having been stolen from myself and reading about your experience.

Are these people so licoriceed up they are literally looking at trailer wheels like it’s profit? I just can’t picture it or imagine it

They actually went for the trailer wheels?

These people must live life $20 at a time

That’s so preposterous

The trailer was a mark…

Edit: wtf

Top Bottom