Custom/Hybrid my stunt hull build

tried test fitting my motor tonight and midshaft was an inch to long. so i emailed dan and he said that now the stunt hulls uses a gp800 midshaft, which i wasnt informed of, so anyone have an extra gp800 midshaft laying around???

So is the driveshaft from the superjet the same length? And the only difference is the midshaft? Anybody no what other midshafts are the same as the gp800?

yea i guess driveshaft is the same, although i havent mocked it up to see if it works. but the newer hulls that he has made uses the gp800 midhsaft now...

I wonder what other parts wont convert directly over ...... Hopefully the driveshaft matches up. I wonder how hard it will be to find that midshaft after these hulls have been out for awhile.

thats what im wondering too?? i just found a gp800 midshaft that i think he still has for 100 bucks. i just wish i would of known in advance that i would have to buy this too.

I wonder what other parts wont convert directly over ...... Hopefully the driveshaft matches up. I wonder how hard it will be to find that midshaft after these hulls have been out for awhile.

Every part converts directly over from your superjet except for the OEM tank, OEM bracket and OEM waterbox. Chips boat accepts a different midshaft because we set his motor plates back an inch as a modification for him.

For everyone else you would use your OEM Superjet midshaft.

Thanks, Dan

well just talked to dan about this and the gp800 midshaft is just something he did on my hull, so normally it will work with a stock sj midhsaft. he just set mine up alittle differant so the motor is an inch further back in the hull.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for clearing that up, whats the advantage of running your motor setback an inch like that?

x2

From the look of the motor in Goose's ski, the motor could use to be set back some to make room for the gas tank and waterbox. It didn't seem like there was enough room to fill the gas tank without some sort of long flexible hose on your gas can to get it up in there.

WAB

salty nuts
Who installed those footholds? Does not look like the area was even sanded at all before laying the glass. The gelcoat should have been removed (sanded off) in that area.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Truefully as long as the gelcoat was roughed up it will be fine,I am not sitting here looking at it so I can't say whether it was or not.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Who installed those footholds? Does not look like the area was even sanded at all before laying the glass. The gelcoat should have been removed (sanded off) in that area.

If the gelcoat is so weak that it'll come off with the fiberglass when any force is applied, then I think there would be bigger issues. I agree it's best to sand it completely off but I don't think I've seen anyone who's installed their holds and sanding everything down to the glass. That's just being anal... Besides the rivets are what keep the holds in place. The fiberglass is there to just add a little strength and seal the edges.

If the gelcoat is so weak that it'll come off with the fiberglass when any force is applied, then I think there would be bigger issues. I agree it's best to sand it completely off but I don't think I've seen anyone who's installed their holds and sanding everything down to the glass. That's just being anal... Besides the rivets are what keep the holds in place. The fiberglass is there to just add a little strength and seal the edges.

I dont know anyone who DOESNT grind off all the gel.......

WAB

salty nuts
I was only asking because the gel coat still looked shiny around where the cloth was laid. Maybe the gel coat was roughed up really well and the new coat of epoxy for the footholds made it look shiny again.
I don't think the rivets don't serve much purpose once the holds are glassed in. You do want to keep a good seal around the edge of the glass so water does not seep in & saturate the foam.

BTW, do these come 2part foamed or hollow or sheet foamed?

well, got my turf ordered today. going to do some body work on the hull tommorow and get the pump tapped for dual cooling.

Top Bottom