Custom/Hybrid my stunt hull build

CIMG0076.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

today i had to fix a couple cracks in the gelcoat and a couple low spots in it so the paint comes out good. heres a picture of the main crack i had to fix. i also got my motor all torn apart to fix the crank seal. but now that i've got it apart im thinking about swapping it to the 62t cases. what do you think?

Waternut

Customizing addict
but now that i've got it apart im thinking about swapping it to the 62t cases. what do you think?

If the engine is tuned well with 61x cases, I say stick with it. My engine produces pretty good power and I have the 61x cases. One of these days I'll put more money into engine mods.

yea thats kind of my thought. im just trying to figure out if i need to replace the seal on the crank, or just reseat it. it doesnt have any tears or anything in it but it wasn't seated properly, so i dont know if when whoever put the motor together in the first place just didnt seat it right or something caused it to be pushed out of the slot it fits into.

i think im just going to fix the seal on this case an use the 61x. maybe next year ill swap it for 62t. i just cant afford to buy the cases, and intake, reeds, carbs. so im just going to stick with my case for now. so now that ive got it all torn apart, the only thing i dont know about is how do i change the timing? i don't want to mess that all up but if i already did then ill have to learn how to re adjust it.

goood question. he said he is waiting on the hood mold to ship from somewhere? soo im thinking as soon as he gets the mold and gets it made he will send it out. hopefully soon.

CIMG0077.jpg

so i dont know if you can tell from the pictures but my case has a crack in it. around the right closest to the coupler. its just a small crack but its something i should probably take care of. soo now i think im going to just try to find a cheap set of 61x cases. unless someone will give me a sweet deal on a set of 62t cases with an intake???

ok the only camera ive got is my phone, so the detail isnt too great. but heres the best i could do.

CIMG0079.jpg

CIMG0080.jpg

fixable? what caused this????

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
ok the only camera ive got is my phone, so the detail isnt too great. but heres the best i could do.

CIMG0079.jpg

CIMG0080.jpg

fixable? what caused this????
It looks like the the ring around the rear crank bearing might of been too big. I have seen some of them not let the cases close properly and cause the lip in the cases to break like yours ( I had one happen to me once) Is your crank OEM or a rebuilt one?
Just make sure you solve the problem before damaging another set. BTW, that is not fixable, but I'm sure you can pick a clean set of 61x cases for cheap somewhere on the boards (check with jetmaniac)

yea I don't know anything about this motor. I bought it the way it is. So how do I tell if there is something wrong with my crank so I don't mess up a new set of cases.

Top Bottom