my sxr freeride boat

hello, this is my first post here but i have been posting for a long time over at pwc today. i have been told by many people that x-h20 has a better freestyle/freeride forum so i thought i would ask for some thoughts and ideas on my ski so far. as of now my ski is a hull and my electrcal box, everything else is hanging out on my workbench.

as of now my list of mods go

factory wet pipe w/ timing advance
wet wolf cone
81mm nozzle with SE trim system
Pro K arrestors
mac mashers with blowsion turf
dual 500 GPH Rule bilges
flush cut stock ride plate
worx intake grate
homemade limiting rope
homemade hood straps
duck bill drain
lightened stock hood

Planned list of mods over winter

ECWI (purchased just not on yet)
Mikuni 46mm carbs taper bored by pro tec (purchased just not on yet)
R&D intake maniflod (purchsed just not on yet)
mill stock head on my (dads) bridgeport
make homemade kenney keepers
open up stock waterbox(actually started on this today)
cutting and reglassing mac mashers for a better hold on my feet
turf over where stock rail caps were
port cyliners (not me but my old man)
lighten stock flywheel
fiinsh up hood baffle and supports (had them done but got thrown out)
Make own aluminum handlepole (started)
add third Rule 500GPH bilge up front
possible repitch of impeller not sure if needed yet
new sticker combos (gotta keep em' fresh)

if you guys have any suggestions, constructive critisms, setup tips or anything at all please let me know, there is no buying a superjet here that is out of the question haha. does anyone have a suggestion for a good starting point for the carbs??

Attachments

• 100_1308.JPG
    100_1308.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_1325.JPG
    100_1325.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 450
  • 000_0079.JPG
    000_0079.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_1307.JPG
    100_1307.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 413
thanks, been readin stuff here for a while was just to lazy to join. put this thread where it needs to be i dont care haha.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
dude, you and the Gil are about as hardcore as it is about modding SXR's for freestyle. You guys will try anything. We are all actually watching to see what you guys do. I thought I took it pretty extreme and you guys took it 10 steps further....
I still wanna try Gil's modded waterbox b4 I cut mine up. I know you are doing the same.

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
The SXR can be a great freeride ski. Look at what Air Darin Anderson has done on his!!!

Attachments

• Air Darin 08.13.05 (3).jpg
    Air Darin 08.13.05 (3).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 273
  • air darin1.jpg
    air darin1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 381

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Uhhhhhhhhhh-I feel like a trader now-my SXR will still be on the trailer and in my arsenal-but-I'm in the middle of
'the switch'. I feel soooo dam dirty saying that. I actually think its easier for a homo to come out of the closet than it is for me to say-gilwilliams800sxr/sj-
CAN U SAY-thats just plain F'ed up??? Oh well-I'm gonna do wutever it takes to get good, I've half azzed everything my whole life-this is goin all the way!!! I hope-LOL

GIL

ps-DJ- DO THE H20 BOX MOD-Have the guy over at pwc2day do it for u-I'M TELLIN-BEST MOD SINCE ADDIN PIPE!!!!!!!! John Eidt from Detroit-I got his # if u need it.
SUPER GUY and really knows his stuff.
peace out bro

KX454-youv'e got alot done-yer soooo on the right track-
LOOKIN DARN GOOD!!!!!!!

GIL

Hey kx-can we talk u into weighing yer hood so we can weigh ours and see if yer hood mod is worth while???
ps-on the prop-send yer stocker to Dave at impros-
set back 5mm and repitch to 12/16-still goes 50mph and
gets there dam quick!!!

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
The chinpad was not bolted on for the pic. Just sitting on the pole. It fit correctly when it was mounted. This was the ski mid assembly. No motor during this pic either.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Welcome and how do you like the trim setup? Also go with a new impeller, it made a huge diff on mine. I went 13/21 5mm setback Solas/Impros.

my stock hood weighed right around 27lbs with a fire extinguisher still attached. my hood as it is is just a hair under 13lbs. thats totally gutted with all glue and excess parts cut off. i have the piping to making my baffles and they are about a pound, give or take. when they are done it will probably weigh total around 15lbs. a loss of a good 10-12pounds off the stocker.

i love the trim, i wasnt able to use it to it potentional because i just put it on, and i crashed racing my dirt bike about a month ago and my injuries arent totally heeled yet. (4 ribs, 2 punctured lungs, cracked sternum, and a bunch of bleeding organs). but i can see when i can ride to my potentional that its gonna be awesome.

Attachments

• 100_1313.JPG
    100_1313.JPG
    531.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Top Bottom