my sxr freeride boat

thats good to know, maybe after its broke in and i get an accurate reading i will set it ast 185. that wont be for alittle while though considering the high is 20 degrees today.

got my ride plate and intake grate powder coated today in "flourescent kawasaki green" looks great, but the best part it was a total free bee.:biggthumpup:

also my engine bed plate is getting alittle secret work done on it right about now....:sneaky:

Attachments

• 100_1460.jpg
    100_1460.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 45
just thought i would give you guys alittle update on my build after 2 months haha. i got it all together and took it for its maiden voyage about 3 weeks ago. i had to ride in about 100 foot section of water becauss the lake was still froze over. but it ran awesome the mild porting/aluminum flywheel/bumped up comression made it hit hard, did a plug check and she was alittle rich, which was fine for now. but i was having a pretty signifcant cavitation problem, plus i had a leak when the ski was sitting in the water.

so i looked around and found that where the hull glue has been dround off there was a small hole in my tray allowing water to get in, no big deal epoxied it up and took it out again. once again ran pretty good but couldnt get a feel for how it will be because it was still cavitating,of yeah and it was still leaking. so since my motor is set back i cant see anypart of the driveshaft so i pulled the motor to see thats going on. set it in the water and saw saw it was leaking through the driveshaft. when i put the sx shaft in i didnt realize the one pump housing seal was not riding on the raised portion of the shaft. all i am gonna do it put a 1/4" spacer in the prop to move the driveaft back alittle bit and i have enough room on the holes in the engine bedplate to do this.

i would be putting it together now but, a guy from pwctoday sent me a skat 13-18 cutback prop for nothing and i just sent it to get fixed so i am waiting to put that in, he also really hooked me up with a set of v force reeds for the best price there is...

i have been told that the reason i was cavitating (most likely) was the fact that my pump was sucking air through the driveshaft seals. sometimes if i made a setup wake and hit the gas real hard it spin the prop so hard it would hit the rev limiter. i have an 81mm nozzle WW cone and a stock prop and according to everyone the stock prop is fine for my setup.

oh yeah abe at northgraphics.com hooked me up with an awesome graphics kit:biggthumpup: i would like to thank him for the great job.

other than that i am just waiting for my prop and i could go do some tuning, i didnt even turn the ECWI on yet:bs2: .

sorry for such the long write up, but i havent updated in a while and its 38 degrees and rainging and there is absolutley nothing i can do to my ski.

my set up is now

mild ported stock bore
180psi compression
jetinetics lightweight charging flywheel
v force reeds
wet pipe
skat 13-18 prop
ECWI (not yet turned on)
dual 46mm mikunis taper bored by pro tec
r & d intake mani
tdr powerspray waterbox
dual cooling
ww cone
81mm exit nozzle with trim
i put her on a diet and got off a descent amount of weight

anybody have any ideas other than the supposed water resistant covers for the aftermarket arrestors? I get water in them no matter what, and the stock air box is too restrictive.

I made some adapters and run Yamaha oem flame arrestors. I run Novi 48mm carbs on my SXR with yamaha flame arrestors. Wamiltons is making the adapters now.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Did you close off your front air intake? That is the first step. Then cut a 2nd one in the back.

I ran the OEM arrestor without the rubber tubes. That works pretty good.
I also run Ocean Pro Vortex Arrestors. They have 3x as many layers as all the crappy new plastic ones. They let in a lot less water. I am having covers made for those soon.
:cool2:

anybody have any ideas other than the supposed water resistant covers for the aftermarket arrestors? I get water in them no matter what, and the stock air box is too restrictive.

Top Bottom