my sxr freeride boat

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Thanx SXR 4 EVA!

I am eventually gonna buy another girdled head. I just can't afford it now...I thought this would be an easy find.
:banghead:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Thanks guys! I'll keep ya informed. I want to break it in. My brother has a test tank. I would absolutely give it back as soon as I get a new girdled in the spring.

finally got my hood finished up, ended up not using the plexiglass cause it got broke. ending up just glassing in my own baffle system, used pieces of my dads raceboat (from after he crashed it) they are some super light fiberglass somthing. i just use pool hose from lowes from my down tubes. the top of the tubes almost touch the top of the hood so whan water comes into the "lung" part of the hood it wont go in. it weighs 15.3 lbs on a USPS digital scale. saves about 5 lbs and should keep water out ALOT better than stock. carbs and manifold are ready to bolt on. and the my (free) UMI handlepole and blowsion steering system are on. its getting closer but i still want an aluminum flywheel. still gotta cut the head and do some porting. also ditching my stock waterbox for this inline silencer. and do a few other things. but its coming along

Attachments

• 100_1410.jpg
    100_1410.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_1411.jpg
    100_1411.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_1412.jpg
    100_1412.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_1414.jpg
    100_1414.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_1413.jpg
    100_1413.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 72

Big Kahuna

Administrator
only thing I would be concerned is the amount of air (Volume) that will be allowed in to the liner, water will take up alot of that space. Otherwise it looks good. My first Wammer Hood had smaller intake tracks and possibly not enough volume, after the first 5 minutes, the liner started cracking, getting sucked down becuase the motor needed more air than it could provide.

hmm i thought the same thing, i actually had it bigger at first but then figured it would be alittle easier to glass where that goofy plug wasnt, but if it doesnt work it will be pretty easy to make it bigger. thanks for the thought though

big toe: thats what i like to see some more kawis for freestyle. as far as weight goes there are a bunch of little things to do, like grinding off all the excess hull glue, cut up the battery box and electronics mount which gives about 3 pounds. i went with an inline silencer that weighs 3/4 of a pound as compared to 8 and a half stock. the wet pipe looses weight, before butting the hood mine was 27 with the fir extinguisher, no its a shade over 15 and i will mount my fire extinguishe lower for lower center of mass. and just look around there are alot of little things that arent needed. talk to subnsxr he is geting alot of weight off also.

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
Looking good man! I ran out of money and time for awhile but hopefully after my Daytona trip I can start back on it again. Hood looks good by the way and I'm very interested on how much gas time you are going to get with those carbs..

Trevor

Looking good man! I ran out of money and time for awhile but hopefully after my Daytona trip I can start back on it again. Hood looks good by the way and I'm very interested on how much gas time you are going to get with those carbs..

Trevor

yeah i am just about out of money so i am gonna have to wait for alittle bit to a few more odds and ends, yeah i am also wondering about my fuel consuption. but oh well to make horsepower you gotta use fuel. i guess i will see you in daytona i wish i had a ski to ride there.

BiG ToE

X Team Jetsons
hmm i thought the same thing, i actually had it bigger at first but then figured it would be alittle easier to glass where that goofy plug wasnt, but if it doesnt work it will be pretty easy to make it bigger. thanks for the thought though

big toe: thats what i like to see some more kawis for freestyle. as far as weight goes there are a bunch of little things to do, like grinding off all the excess hull glue, cut up the battery box and electronics mount which gives about 3 pounds. i went with an inline silencer that weighs 3/4 of a pound as compared to 8 and a half stock. the wet pipe looses weight, before butting the hood mine was 27 with the fir extinguisher, no its a shade over 15 and i will mount my fire extinguishe lower for lower center of mass. and just look around there are alot of little things that arent needed. talk to subnsxr he is geting alot of weight off also.

Where did you get your silencer?

just alittle update, milled a stock head today, and started on the cylinder porting. also got an sxi pro driveshaft and should have my motor plate cut and welded up by the end of next week (to set my motor back) depending on school. still looking for a flywheel 500 bucks in college books didnt help my funds, but i discovered a great source of income in taking trees to the saw mill. took 3 cherry trees last week, they handed me a 1400 dollar check a few days later, i almost did a backflip...

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
just alittle update, milled a stock head today, and started on the cylinder porting. also got an sxi pro driveshaft and should have my motor plate cut and welded up by the end of next week (to set my motor back) depending on school. still looking for a flywheel 500 bucks in college books didnt help my funds, but i discovered a great source of income in taking trees to the saw mill. took 3 cherry trees last week, they handed me a 1400 dollar check a few days later, i almost did a backflip...

definitly post pics of the motor set back. I'm still debating whether or not I want to do this:Banane01:

i defiently will, it probably wont be done for another 2 weeks or so, but from what it looks like it is a pretty simple procedure.

Top Bottom