my sxr freeride boat

I put my sxr on a diet too. Try slicing up the engine plate a bit, i cut the center out, that probably dropped 2lbs. anything that looks like stainless steel............toss it, i tossed every stainless bracket except the one holding the electrical but i cut holes all over that, cut the bottom of the battery tray out, you can go with a 5lbs battery if you don't have total loss, TBM flywheel is -3lbs, gut the hood like kv454, go hydro turf, stock rails are heavy, D-cut the ride plate, you can also remove the rear exhuast and route it out up front that saves 9lbs from what I hear, tossed the stock bilge,nomore reserve switch & hoses, toss the stock air box and more.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Damn... you guys aren't messin around with the weight issue. When my ski has good power, the weight doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

I put my sxr on a diet too. Try slicing up the engine plate a bit, i cut the center out, that probably dropped 2lbs. anything that looks like stainless steel............toss it, i tossed every stainless bracket except the one holding the electrical but i cut holes all over that, cut the bottom of the battery tray out, you can go with a 5lbs battery if you don't have total loss, TBM flywheel is -3lbs, gut the hood like kv454, go hydro turf, stock rails are heavy, D-cut the ride plate, you can also remove the rear exhuast and route it out up front that saves 9lbs from what I hear, tossed the stock bilge,nomore reserve switch & hoses, toss the stock air box and more.

That was what I saved buy doing that on my SJ...... 4lbs of that was from going to the XMW waterbox....... Blocing the rear exhaust was kind of alot of work, I would probably just leave the stock rear exhaust and go to a lighter Waterbox.

I also saved over 4lbs by using a 8.5L "about 2.2 gal" cart tank.... (both tanks dry) not sure how long you guys moto out for though.

Also you could probably save 3-4lbs buy using a SJ handle pole...... it will also look way better..... not sure what you have to do to make it work, but I mocked one up on the Trinty SXR and it looked sick! Probably just use a SJ Bracket and drill new holes.

Last edited:
Glad to see more guys puting in the time to make a SXR freestyle. Now all someone needs to do is come out with is a 1000cc engine set up. Or is there already one out there?:sneaky:

Glad to see more guys puting in the time to make a SXR freestyle. Now all someone needs to do is come out with is a 1000cc engine set up. Or is there already one out there?:sneaky:

man i sure hope theres a 1000cc kawi out there...

also, just got done putting my pump back in and hooking the lines up for dual cooling. rideplate and intake are going to get powder coat this weekend, kawi green of course.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
The only problem with blowing out the SXR's bigger is that the crank sucks. Can they handle much more than a "limited" type setup for long term use?

put my motor all back together today. new rings, port job, and milled head. cranked her over on the bench and have 177 psi in each cyliner, close enough to the pump gas limit to me. now i just wanna ride this baby

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
if you run WOT across the lake all day long yes, you will detonate. but for a race application your fine. Even lake riding your fine as long as you dont run WOT all day all over the lake.

i do run mine WOT sometimes so i wanna keep it down alittle, i am actually gonna wait till its all broke it to see where its really at. i do want it over 175 but not over 185, somewhere in there. i wont get a real good reading till the rings are seated and and all the oil thats in the cyliders is out..

Top Bottom