Custom/Hybrid My thoughts about my EME Sky and EME

lakeboy183

get out and ride
I finally got my eme sky about a month ago after 7 months of waiting. The ski looks great, has good fit and finish for the most part. Eric's customer service was decent considering he is a busy guy. On a bad note when i looked over the ski i found that there was no intake grate( was charged for it) the graphics were buddled in a couple places and wont stick back donw,the turf wasn't finished, the back corners under the bond rail were both cracked, and the worst thing i ended up finding was that the "brand new" MSD pro didgital ignition is bad. This is not what i expected from such a well known and trusted builder.

buddled sticker.jpgright side crack.jpgleft side crack.jpgturf.jpg

motoman96

Banned
I've been following your ski status, an I'd be pissed. Might be able to look over the turf issue if I hadn't paid for it, but the other issues would have me on fire. Sorry man, I'm sure it's a great boat, but dealing with that kinda stuff has gotta be hard to say the least.

Tmart

formerly superjet444
Did they cut the turf around the footholds or chew it with their teeth? I'm very surprised with the sloppy finish of that ski. Sorry bro

motoman96

Banned
To clarify you paid for a ready to ride boat right? So all you had to do was hit the start button? I remember you saying you paid for the turf, an that they said it ran, just wondering. Either way, def feel for ya bro.

Do you know what caused the brain to be fried? I assume it's under warranty so it will be replaced. Did you even get to start it or was a no go from the time you picked it up?

lakeboy183

get out and ride
the ski was a ready to ride ski minus a bilge switch, coupler cover, and a primer. When i first got the ski it had no spark at all, i was told to turn switch number 4 off to get it to work. I turned off that switch and only one plug was firing. i switched the plug wires to the opposite coil and then the other plug started firing. i have confirmed that the pickups are good as well as the coils witch only leaves the brain.

Skinz

live free
I can't believe that kind of product from such a reputable company. What a bummer , sorry bro I'm sure they will make good on the bad deal
... Let's hope.......

I hope he gives you a new hull. Those cracks shouldn't be there. I know some other companies would replace it no questions asked.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

lakeboy183

get out and ride
I honestly don't see how those cracks would be from shipping. The ski was held in the crate buy a boaton the nose and a board on the top of the tray, nothing even near the underside of the bond rail and it was in there super tight to!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Bottom line, there is only 1 or 2 manufacturers that actually give you a high quality fit and finish. There is only a handful of companies that can assemble and deliver a top quality turn key ski where everything is done correctly and the customer is satisfied.

I have seen a few Q8's and not overly impressed. on bond line where the top and bottom joined was anywhere from 1/4" thick to over 1/2" along one side, other side was just as much inconsistent. and no, they were not the same thickness at the same point left and right. (Bad Layup). Every Turf job that I have seen looks sub par (But, turf jobs to me are like buying shoes, they are going to wear out). Assembly? Who is doing them? That is what counts.

Top Bottom