Custom/Hybrid My thoughts about my EME Sky and EME

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Screw all that be nice crap. You paid for a hull to be layed up correctly, assembled correctly, tuned correctly, and turfed like someone other than blind man did it, and finally...crated in a means that it wouldn't get damaged in transit!!! If u wanted to do all that yourself you'd have saved the money and NOT PAID THEM TO DO IT FOR U. I'd be irate at bare minimum. In actuality, I'd be demanding a replacement hull or a sizeable refund. Their problem with quality control has now become your problem because obviously they didn't care enough to make sure it was right. Do you think a sponsored rider's hull would look like that? You paid money for services that were only half heartedly done. I'd be up in someone's rear end about it.

Sounds like a drag. I bought a used hull and it had better turf and less crap to deal with tha that. I know two sides to every story, but I have to agree with ^^^^ on most points. Waaay too many issues for that king of money.
I am not bashing EME at all. Just from the pics and story I would be a little tweaked at the minimum. 7 months is a long time to wait and be bummed to say the least.

I bet they make it right but how much longer would that be maybe a full refund ship that thing back and buy something tomorrow.

wydopen

onthepipe
Screw all that be nice crap. You paid for a hull to be layed up correctly, assembled correctly, tuned correctly, and turfed like someone other than blind man did it, and finally...crated in a means that it wouldn't get damaged in transit!!! If u wanted to do all that yourself you'd have saved the money and NOT PAID THEM TO DO IT FOR U. I'd be irate at bare minimum. In actuality, I'd be demanding a replacement hull or a sizeable refund. Their problem with quality control has now become your problem because obviously they didn't care enough to make sure it was right. Do you think a sponsored rider's hull would look like that? You paid money for services that were only half heartedly done. I'd be up in someone's rear end about it.

hah every eme boat ive seen has had turf that looked like a 6year old did it..even their boats at WF

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Why hasn't EME or one of their reps not chimed into this issue and thread yet?

Are you serious? He posted this late Sunday night and Monday morning you think they should have responded to an internet post?

Stuff happens, I am sure EME will make it right. If not, I am sure we will hear about it here....

To the OP, I hope things get worked out to your satisfaction.

I feel for you! I want to spend the money to get a nice aftermarket ski in a few years but I am not sure if eme is going to me on my list of companies unless they make it right to you. I hope everything gets worked out!

Big Kahuna

Administrator

I have seen sponsored riders ski....... That one of the ones I was referring to.........I have seen one of Malone's personal EME's back in 08. Not impressed with that one either.

djraider700

lol wut?
Sorry to hear about your hull man. I'd like to hear EME's side of the story but I really don't see how they could justify shipping a hull like that. Unacceptable to say the least. Hope they make it right.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
WOW, This was to be a new hull package right? Not something you bought used from him? Regardless, even if used these issues should have been made aparent to you before you bought it.
I certainly hope this gets resolved timely for you bro.
Bottom line here is that if you sell yourself as capable of selling 15-35,000$ skis you had better make sure you send a good product and that your customer COMPLETELY understands what to expect when they receive their product. This goes for $5-10,000 hulls as well. IMO.

These boats take time to build propperly. They take testing and tuning and attention to the smallest detail. The last thing I would want from a customer is for their boat to break down day one or the turf fly off or something as simple as a graphic peeling. This business requires repeat customers to stay alive because lets face it, there is not a million guys out there buying high $ freestyle skis.

I am sure Eric's X-H2O rep will chime in here soon but I cant imagine what can salvage the opinion of the peeps reading this thread. My guess is that his customer base isnt on here for the most part anyway.

Another reason to just stick with a sj. There's a couple nice a/m hills out there but holy it seems you pretty much roll the dice with most of these companies. Bummer man would be interesting to see what he has to say about it

Because spending thousands on a hull that's not built well seems stupid to me. I'm not a pro, not sponsored, and ride because I love to ride not so I can have the coolest ski on the x. I can do lots with my stock hull. I'm not into flat water freestyle or huge surf, so for me a stock sj hull is fine. I'd bet 80 percent of ppl here would be fine on one as well. To each there own bud but I'll spend my money on mortgage an living. My sj with a 6mm lamey an mag will likely be my last ski and last for years. I can roll it, catch big air off wakes, slalom, freeride it, and it doesn't handle like a spoon on water. All for a lot less then most hulls cost alone. Need more?????

Last edited:
i'd be upset for sure. on the msd brain make sure the the pick up wires match up to the coil outputs on the wiring diagrams. could of been a simple mistake since a brain is used on a 3cyl version also.

wydopen

onthepipe
Cracking up, Please please please give me more reasons to stick with a SJ.

the fact that they actually handle over 10mph

ill take a ski researched/designed/tested/manufactured by engineers that work for a multimillion dollar corporation that specialize in high performance motorsports than some hack working out of a 20'x20' shed that cant ride anyday..

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

ill take a ski researched/designed/tested/manufactured by engineers that work for a multimillion dollar corporation that specialize in high performance motorsports than some hack working out of a 20'x20' shed that cant ride anyday..

So which hull builder(s) are you thinking of specifically here? :biggrin:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter

Effing hacks: Rick Roy, Eric Malone, Lenzi, etc....

Top Bottom