Custom/Hybrid My thoughts about my EME Sky and EME

As some of you may know we are a pretty busy team at EME between events builds and projects to step up the game. Nolan has contacted Eric and Is resolving some issues from what i understand.

We had a pretty good turnout at daytona with skis and customers doing all we could to keep peace.

The turf in the holds is Left undone to allow the customer to fit it to their foot (Big or Small)....I will be altering how they are done from now on. Since we take a lot of heat for it.

The hull Looks to be Gelcoat possibly in the photos.
Eme is the only hull manufacturer that offers a 1 year warranty on structural hull issues,

I am sure eric will take care of any bugs that nolan has.

Last edited:

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
My freak runs and looks great, I pancake the crap out of my ski consistently, and Tem is taking care of the only issue I have ever had! Just saying.... Some A/M builders hold up their end of the deal when you buy a hull from them, hopefully this situation gets resolved with the same results

Last edited:
yeah, can't blame tem for what happens when you pancake ski's constantly. a sj would never hold up to that. this guy got a broke ski with out it ever touching the water :p

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
Im sure it will be resolved on mutually acceptable terms. Eric stand behind his products and that why I keep buying them. Unfortunate situation for the customer however I know Eric would never intentionally sell a damaged boat. I cant speak for their turf work but at least they know its blows...

EME def puts out one of/ if not the strongest hull on the market. You dont see his hulls for resale with the bottom decks craked in half or hoods destroyed. If I had to flop any ski on its lid i would def choose a q8 or a8l.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
yeah, can't blame tem for what happens when you pancake ski's constantly. a sj would never hold up to that. this guy got a broke ski with out it ever touching the water :p

I agree 100% I'd be willing to bet that both Ed and myself are harder on our skis than any other freak owners. Other than the hood cracking, the skis are rock solid as promised. We told Tem when building our skis what we planned on doing with them and he is making it right for both of us. Thats all that you can ask of a builder. Tem stands behind his product 100% and has made some changes to prevent this from happening on later versions of his hood. I'm not trying to turn this into a my hull bulder is better than your hull builder thread, but I'd spend my $ all over with Tem if it came down to me needing/wanting another ski.

Sorry to hear you have some issues with your new sky. I can speak for the strength of my Q8 hull. I have pancaked more flips than I have landed and even lawn jarted bad in Daytona a couple years ago. I thought it was going to be ugly when I came up but found nothing wrong. As for the MSD I have 3 bad boxes in my collection and sure there will be more in the future, I keep a spare handy... I still have a stock SJ my wife and friends ride, but am amazed at how much more fun my Q8 is, even in the surf! The 1000 helps but my last SJ had a Tim Judge built 860 with 6 mil stroke and Lamey PV cylinders. (going to list SJ motor for sale soon) Each hull is custom, not off a Japanese production line, and even those have issues. I remember a thread with an SJ hull only half bonded. If you are that fussy on turf then order it without and try it yourself. I think the turf job on my ski is great and have heard people comment negatively about it.
Good luck I am sure EME will do what they can to make it right.

In theory letting a customer fit them to their foot sounds okay but if it is to big for your foot add another layer if needed. My turf overlaps at that part so the non perfect edge gets covered. The rest of the turf looks okay. The earlier EME post says they are going to change this process.

Christian_83

Xscream
Lakeboy, really hope he cover the issues you have had!
IMHO if they cant turf it decent, dont turf it OR be prepared for the rep they will get for the half ass job. turfing isnt freakin rocket sceine. takes some patience but thats it!
Buying a 5000-6000 dollar hull isnt the most expensive hull but neither the cheapest hull, so i guess some quality is expected of the turf-
Its like buying a midrange car with a half ass interrior.

Personally i dont get wats worth it with enhancers and TL with all the issues that occur. Just go with the old Stock CDI and remove the Rev limiter. + stock is cheap to replace
:veryhappy:

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Ride TL once and it's like crack or heroine compared to stock. If setup correctly the down time is minimal.

Top Bottom