N3vrSat1sfied's 2013 EME Q8 Sky build

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
I should've mentioned that couch mounts do not work with these hulls lol. Aligning these things is hell with those wacky mounting plates. That driveshaft extention actually looks just fine in since you have to drill and tap for the motor mounts anyways, i don't see why you don't just slide the motor back some more. Did you see my build? I only used like one of those mounting plates then tapped into the glassed in backing plates. Oh did I mention alignment with these hulls are wack ace as shards

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
That driveshaft extention actually looks just fine in since you have to drill and tap for the motor mounts anyways, i don't see why you don't just slide the motor back some more.

Did you see my build?

Ya I saw that on your build.

The Motor is about as far back as the plates will allow, It is already drilled and tapped in the photos.
IMG_1787.jpg
EME's pre drilled hole comparison with where the engine is now.
IMG_1788.jpg

EDIT: Once I got the right length adapter all the holes lined up perfect (I did not have to drill any additional)

Last edited:

jahimmelspach

Having A Blast
I have a little black diamond left over from the bob. i was going to re-wrap taylers superjet cover but dont think i have enough for that. should have enough for the rrp pad though.

It's looking good buddy! I wish I could have made it down last weekend when you were putting this together. You need to hurry up and get yours done so you can come help me install some footholds in mine. Can't wait to get on the water, it's getting close.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
It's looking good buddy! I wish I could have made it down last weekend when you were putting this together. You need to hurry up and get yours done so you can come help me install some footholds in mine. Can't wait to get on the water, it's getting close.

Ill be out there this weekend as well. Should have the longer driveshaft adapter tomorrow.

Great build man...

I am right there with you on time...these ski's will nickle and dime you to death

I have the same powerplant so I am curious about your ride report when you get it finished

looking good...

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Great build man...

I am right there with you on time...these ski's will nickle and dime you to death

I have the same powerplant so I am curious about your ride report when you get it finished

looking good...

Ya, everytime I work on it I need to order another part lol.

Yea for sure we will have to compare with the different pump set ups and different carbs. I am gonna be running OEM 44's but I have a set of 38's I might try as well. PS hopefully I can make a trip down there and ride with the old crew (Scott S, Boyer, Jim, Corey, Andy, Etc...)

Last edited:
Ya, everytime I work on it I need to order another part lol.

Yea for sure we will have to compare with the different pump set ups and different carbs. I am gonna be running OEM 44's but I have a set of 38's I might try as well. PS hopefully I can make a trip down there and ride with the old crew (Scott S, Boyer, Jim, Corey, Andy, Etc...)

That would be cool...

We could switch off to compare...I have always wanted to ride an EME.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Lots of progress today All the major stuff is done.

Just need to button up the electrical, figure out the steering and trim cable adjustments, install carbs and fuel lines, ride plate, intake grate, chin pad.

EngineInstalled1.jpg

I did the pole tubes like sammy. Instead of running the RRP tubes. We drilled the same size hole but used 1 1/2" pool tube and electrical conduit. looks way cleaner than just the tube thru the hull. even with the smaller tube, getting the pole bolts on was the biggest PITA of the build so far.
PoleBreathers1.jpgPoleBreathers2.jpg
BuildPic1.jpg

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Waterbox
Waterbox1.jpg

Rather than drilling into the hull and using T nuts. I drilled and tapped the motor plate and used some stock yamaha tie downs for the fuel tank. Then braced the tank up with a rubber wedge on motor side, and a big rubber block up front.
Tank1.jpgTank2.jpgTank3.jpg

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Little more progress today, I still have plenty to do, The battery cables are like 9 days too long since they came from the SJ. Gotta get some new connectors and shorten that up. Still need to zip tie/house clamp all the lines. The bracket on the fuel tank needs some work as well, it gets way to close to the engine.
EngineInstalled5.jpgEngineInstalled6.jpgEngineInstalled7.jpgEngineInstalled8.jpgEngineInstalled9.jpgEngineInstalled10.jpg

Trim cable needs some work, isn't long enough.
Trim 2.jpgTrim1.jpg

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Some turf between the fuel tank and engine works great, just stuff it in there till its tight

I made a wedge on the engine side and then have the block up front of harder rubber. Its just the bracket i made for the strap needs to be bent a little better.

I talked to Ryan at EME today, They are sending me out a Heim joint that should do the trick for the trim.

Top Bottom