Need help finding sunkin' ski (Not Anymore!!!)

F

Freestyleriverrat

You need to shoot some video of that thing when it breaks the surface...........its like raising the titanic. Rent some dive equipment and hook some air bladders up to it. You will have it up in no time.

accbr

addicted
If I was close to you I'd be out there with my scuba tonight. I'm gonna try to find an anchor and rope in 40 feet of water tomorrow for my dad. Good luck with the ski!!!!

dam this is one hell of an emotional roller coaster, I would love to see video of that thing rising from the deep!!..Shizer!!..I'm losing sleep over the drama of, is up--is it lost--is it found--has it sunk down....We need more 1st hand up dates, this thead is killing me:bigeyes: When you raise the monster ski beast from the deep we will all have to celebrate..possibly claim that day as a national holiday and Thus There For Everyone Recieves That Glorious Day OFF to go freesyle their ASSES-OFF:djsmilie:

its sounds easy to swim that deep but it's not. Its absolute 0 visibility once you break the surface you don't even know which direction you are swimming, way to creepy for me. We had a 20ft pvc pipe(till we lost it) and poked it a couple of times and feel pretty good that it's his ski. But it windy every day and its hard to find it before you drift away. It's still there and there's a good storm rolling today so we can't try again till it calms down.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
If he gets that thing up and gets some pictures posted, is anyone interested in chipping in on a "get it running again fund", I admire the determination they have displayed.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
its sounds easy to swim that deep but it's not. Its absolute 0 visibility once you break the surface you don't even know which direction you are swimming, way to creepy for me. We had a 20ft pvc pipe(till we lost it) and poked it a couple of times and feel pretty good that it's his ski. But it windy every day and its hard to find it before you drift away. It's still there and there's a good storm rolling today so we can't try again till it calms down.
tips:

get about 60' of 1/2" rope and tie something heavy to it - a diver's weight belt with 20# to 30# in it should do. Tie a good size float on the other end. A couple boat bumpers will work and are easy to come by

locate the ski on the sounder and then probe it with your PVC.

when you think you've hit it. drop the weight belt on it. with 30#, it'll go down fast enough that current won't move it. let all the rope out of the boat with the float. The other reason for the heavy weight is to keep the wind from blowing the weight off the mark.

send diver down the rope to the bottom. If you are lucky - he'll be right on top of the ski.

Top Bottom