Need help finding sunkin' ski (Not Anymore!!!)

Couldn't you connect the bow eye via a rope to a tow boat and move forwards slowly to free it off? Once free then connect the bags as mentioned or simply winch it to the surface?

Maybe I'm over simplifying things?..

I'm with you on this, have they comfirmed it IS the ski?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Everyone is assuming they have been able to get down there. So far, from what I've read, one person has touched 'what they think is it', and they have hooked that same object once and broke a rope trying to drag it and they have drug an anchor across it several times.

Once someone goes down with scuba, it's easy, but someone has to go down there. It's frustrating to me, because I used to be a dive instructor and taught search/rescue, did it for real a few times, dove in crap visibility, etc and would love to just pack up and go get it for them, but I'm sure they are capable and conditions have been less than favorable from the sound of it.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
:cheer:

yea luke! I figured that sidescanner would work! Anyways, when you get it up, you know what to do, get that case of WD-40 ready...

That thing shouldn't have a spot of rust on it anywhere. My outboard that was sunk for 3 weeks in salt water was spotless when it came out, except for a bit of grime on the outside, no barnacles either. I'd assume it'd come out even better in freshwater.

O and by the way, we never replaced the crank or bearings, and its still runnin (4 years later). :woot:

I know how ********ty that water is. Mine was in 15 foot deep in Chesapeake bay water blag! Zero vis, a flashlight down there penetrated just past the nose. Although it wasnt too stuck as yours is. Get a rope on that sucker! Also, get another PVC tube, and stick it in the mud right next to the ski, then have a buddy grab the top, and use the pole to navigate to the bottom quickly, makes it much easier to get down there and to the spot, we used bamboo rods here. Get a rope on that bow and slide it out!!

congratulations!

Last edited:
Top Bottom