Need help finding sunkin' ski (Not Anymore!!!)

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
People buy sunk boats from the insurence companies and recover them. If it was insured the insurence company probably owns it. You could try and contact the previous owner through reg records and see if it was insured. Or just keep it.

Im pretty sure theres a salvage law of some sort where that can become yours legally and 671 blowers are in the $2500 range you could prob make some decent bread parting that thing out!

Stukas

Wrenching > Riding
Ill give ya $100 for those carbs, there all sunk and trash anyway, you dont want them....

no for real though, my buddy needs a double pumper carb (like your new ones) for his 383 stroker

w0w...what a find.

That blower is a 6-71 made by Wieand. The motor is a big block Chevy (396, 427, 454, or stroker?). Too bad the block and heads are not aluminum because a good set of aluminum heads can fetch $2K on the used market.

If you send me some casting numbers I can tell you more details on block and heads (block castings are above bellhousing, head numbers are between rockers). I'm almost positive the heads are square port (worth more).

The carbs will have a part number in front of the choke tower (ie. 4779 or 4782). Again, I can help you ID all the parts to see its value....if you want.

it's a 502 block, all roller valvetrain, and it's worked to the hilt. I saw the motor apart today, all perfect condition , not a bit of rust. Too bad Luke doesn't get to keep it. This boat flew apart last weekend on a speed run, couple of people went to the hospital but luckily no serious injuries. The owner paid Luke to find it. There's still another jetboat down, Luke's negotiating with the owner of it to recover it. And I think he's going to try to pull out the fishing boat too. With all that the fishfinder will have easily paid for itself. Found out fiberglass doesnt' leave a sonar echo like alum, so weve been looking for a larger image than what will probably actually show up. So the search continues...........

Last edited:
Top Bottom