Need help finding sunkin' ski (Not Anymore!!!)

RadRat

www.proridermag.com
Thats a bummer that you were hit with such an unfortunate event, hopefully youll be able to find it! If it helps you feel any better (this is a much smaller scale), my friend whom my dad was building a ski for, paid for all parts including a brand new hood from legdrag.com painted and everything. His first time out his hood was unlatched during a trick and it sank his ski and hood. They were able to drag the ski out but the hood is lost :(

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
ok lets say he does bring it up.. what was a $1500 ski is not only going to be worth maby $500-800... depending how much time and money he's allreay spent into finding it...better off just letting it be...

am i wrong?

Y

yamaslut

yamasaki said:
umm.. if youre talking about the ski that was lost on this thread.. youre missing a zero on your number homey. :bigeyes:

werd... he has at least 10k in parts

Yeah, It'll still be worth ~14k after it gets a quick rebuild of the engine and electrics. Don't give up. Think of it as a second hobby. It's like searching for the titanic only much much smaller.

This prayer seemed to work for the rock n ride so..............

uum ba yacka:hail:

Please Oh God of Lake _________, Please let this ski be found.

keefer

T1
White99z said:
Man I just read through this whole thread. I really hope you find your ski. I cant imagine what I would be feeling losing my $1500 superjet.... let alone an X-Jet. Best of luck to you and your divers. Its down there somewhere. I have faith that you will find it.

Well DUH! Read his sentence. He is talking about losing " his " $1500 SJ not Lukes $15000 bad mofo.

keefer

T1
I was more aiming that at grifnasty for not understanding white99z's post that I was quoting. Probably should have done a double quote or something. I am not as think as bright I am sometimes:biggrin: Just pokin fun, no harm intended. :sneaky:

Y

yamaslut

keefer said:
I was more aiming that at grifnasty for not understanding white99z's post that I was quoting. Probably should have done a double quote or something. I am not as think as bright I am sometimes:biggrin: Just pokin fun, no harm intended. :sneaky:

pay attention ya damn hick....

:cool2: :cool2: :biggrin:

keefer

T1
yamaslut said:
pay attention ya damn hick....

:cool2: :cool2: :biggrin:

Yeehaw, woohoo, hotdam, hellfire and run rabbits. Thats Mr. Hick to you ya Florida Ormondite:haha: :biggrin: :nana:

Threadjack over..

Last edited:

gimmick

sports a beater 550
Somewhere in the previous ten pages (may have been pwctoday) I said something about the ski sinking below the surface of the silt. You said you found a sunken boat. Did a diver go down to investigate how deep that boat was in the silt? I'm pretty sure your little craft would sink well into the "knee deep whipped cream".
Something called a magnetometer would find your ski. They work on the principle of sensing varying degrees of magnetism. There's enough ferrous metal (steel) in your crankshaft for a magnetometer to find it. In fact, magnetometers are used to find old shipwrecks by picking up magnetic anomolies produced by iron nails. They're way pricey for the average joe to buy, but maybe there's a university or somesuch close by that would like a challenge such as this. Who knows, you might find one for $1000 and sell it for $1500. Search for fluxgate magnetometer in the search engine of your choice.

gimmick said:
Somewhere in the previous ten pages (may have been pwctoday) I said something about the ski sinking below the surface of the silt. You said you found a sunken boat. Did a diver go down to investigate how deep that boat was in the silt? I'm pretty sure your little craft would sink well into the "knee deep whipped cream".
Something called a magnetometer would find your ski. They work on the principle of sensing varying degrees of magnetism. There's enough ferrous metal (steel) in your crankshaft for a magnetometer to find it. In fact, magnetometers are used to find old shipwrecks by picking up magnetic anomolies produced by iron nails. They're way pricey for the average joe to buy, but maybe there's a university or somesuch close by that would like a challenge such as this. Who knows, you might find one for $1000 and sell it for $1500. Search for fluxgate magnetometer in the search engine of your choice.

but how will he ever generate the 1.21 jigawatts necessary to raise the ski?

The Penguin

triple secret probation
keefer said:
Yeehaw, woohoo, hotdam, hellfire and run rabbits. Thats Mr. Hick to you ya Florida Ormondite:haha: :biggrin: :nana:

Threadjack over..
I thought it was "********fire...save matches" :biggrin:

Top Bottom