New NOCO Lithium Batteries

Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try out one of the new NOCO Lithium batteries (NLP5, NLP9, NLP14, NLP20)? I was browsing Amazon Cyber Monday deals and these caught my eye. I have had great luck with NOCO battery chargers and boosters so I am definitely interested. The price seems decent, the NLP20 weighs 3.7 pounds, and the dynamic BMS sounds good. The battery also includes spacers, and has a very good looking universal terminal so they should be easy to fit. No mention of waterproofing but it does list jet skis and waverunners in the applications list...

Ducky

Back in the game!
Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try out one of the new NOCO Lithium batteries (NLP5, NLP9, NLP14, NLP20)? I was browsing Amazon Cyber Monday deals and these caught my eye. I have had great luck with NOCO battery chargers and boosters so I am definitely interested. The price seems decent, the NLP20 weighs 3.7 pounds, and the dynamic BMS sounds good. The battery also includes spacers, and has a very good looking universal terminal so they should be easy to fit. No mention of waterproofing but it does list jet skis and waverunners in the applications list...

Didnt even know they made batteries, but they look pretty good! And priced right!

I never heard of them but heck why not....looks nice...I need a battery for a build I am doing and I pay the same for a AGM local so I'll give this a try instead.

Just ordered this one:

Last edited:

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Those batteries look amazing. one of the reviews says they are IP66 waterproof. Anyone confirmed that? Please post once you get/try them. These AG1601s we are all running are pretty terrible products...

Personally, just because it will fit in my battery tray and I am not concerned over 1.4 pounds of extra weight. I just want to make sure that it can run for a full day on a total loss ski, and I already have a 3.5 gallon tank so weight savings aren't my top priority. If it doesn't work well for the total loss for whatever reason it should also fit well in my Superjet.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Pics man!

ip66 is somewhat concerning for me in the humidity we ride in.

Sean
Tell us more. Dunno much about waterproof ratings. Is ip66 not sealed to humidity or something?

PS - an AG battery isn’t sealed really at all. They sorta glued together with what seems like super glue and really nothing seals the terminals.

smokeysevin

one man with a couch

TLDR;

The first 6 is rated for dust intrusion, the second 6 is rated for water jets or spray "water from heavy seas or water projected in powerful jets shall not enter the enclosure in harmful quantities"

It is probably fine but my concern would be long durations of humid air allowing moisture intrusion.

AGM batterys don't need to be balanced or have internal circuitry which is susceptible to corrosion or shorts.

It could be me being overly cautious but it I would reach out to the OE for more information.

Sean

long beach local

long beach local
Whats the review on these NOCO batteries? Any yet? I was looking to get the NLP14 but curious if its enough aH for a day's ride on a TL.
I bought a NLP 9 and it cranks up my 800cc TL every time No problems. It’s a small battery too but if you could fit a bigger one go for it but I don’t think it’s necessary. They have plenty of ah as long as your ski starts properly as the starter uses all the amps. The motor will run for a long long time if your not stop and starting all day.

I bought a NLP 9 and it cranks up my 800cc TL every time No problems. It’s a small battery too but if you could fit a bigger one go for it but I don’t think it’s necessary. They have plenty of ah as long as your ski starts properly as the starter uses all the amps. The motor will run for a long long time if your not stop and starting all day.
the NLP14 is $9 more than the 9 so thats the only reason I mentioned the 14. I will check clearance and make sure i have room. I have a ATZ7-8 in the ski now (new to me as of yesterday) so I am trying to learn more about lithiums and what I need to do with this TL system. Thanks!

long beach local

long beach local
I have used the battery tender lithium battery by deltran for about 6years now I think it has 500ca. The heat here in Arizona has just ruined the 2nd one and they cost me 200$. So this Noco battery is less than half that so I’m confident that lithium battery technology has advanced so much the Noco is adequate. Just make sure you use a specific charger made for your lithium battery and don’t sink your ski. Lol

Top Bottom