New NOCO Lithium Batteries

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
You guys are trying to replace an AGM deep Cycle battery. These are meant to replace Cranking Batteries. That means you should NOT be fully discharging them and fully charging them. NOCO doesn't even state what type of Lithium battery they are..... Iron, lipo, etc

These are batteries that like to be used a little, and then topped off, just like a normal charging system in a car.

You'd be better off going for Lithium Polymer batteries for RC cars at this point.

https://www.batterypowertips.com/difference-between-lithium-ion-lithium-polymer-batteries-faq/

https://dragonflyenergy.com/types-of-lithium-batteries-guide/

We have a rider in Canada who’s ran one in his 1200 for awhile, I just bought one for my php898. A lot of guys are switching to them now. Also he was running zeel with charging as am I because they’re internally balanced. So good reviews from here in Canada on them!

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
We have a rider in Canada who’s ran one in his 1200 for awhile, I just bought one for my php898. A lot of guys are switching to them now. Also he was running zeel with charging as am I because they’re internally balanced. So good reviews from here in Canada on them!
"with Charging" keyword there.

Zeel uses the 760 pickup, which to my knowledge is just like the SXR that uses DC current. I've had zero issues with my Lithium batteries(WPS/Firepower), where as my 701 Super jet buddy has, same battery. I'm going to assume is has to do with the charging system differences.

I have a noco. Wps. Had antigravity. And some other no name brand I can't remember. All of them worked fine short of my own error. I've since gotten a noco smart charger and have to day it's added a considerable amount of life to my lithoum batteries. I was charging them with a trickle type 2 amp charge before and while it worked. The noco is definitely better. I've probably cranked my 701 even for a cosnsoatnt 2 minutes now off and on and its stil going. Where's before probably only 45 seconds off cranming off and on. A something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
I have used the battery tender lithium battery by deltran for about 6years now I think it has 500ca. The heat here in Arizona has just ruined the 2nd one and they cost me 200$. So this Noco battery is less than half that so I’m confident that lithium battery technology has advanced so much the Noco is adequate. Just make sure you use a specific charger made for your lithium battery and don’t sink your ski. Lol
Lithium Batteries don't really like to be "Tended". You discharge them down to 60% and store them at ROOM temp(70F). Good for years this way.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
How are these against water intrusion? My battery is mounted behind an open bulkhead right behind my hood breather tubes so it's inevitable that it'll get soaked.
Manual Says, DO NOT SUBMERGE OR GET WET. Just read the instructions.
I tell ya what! If one had the time and interest one could learn 10 languages just from the manual for this battery! LOL. I have never seen a book this thick come with a battery.View attachment 420040

There are multiple points where water could, theoretically, get into the battery... where the terminals penetrate the plastic is a big one. The seam where the two parts of the housing come together seems like it's less of a worry than where the terminals go through, IMHO. I haven't really tore one down to investigate, though. I wonder if some type of all-over silicone application would be beneficial. Alternatively, perhaps something like a sealed wrap - like a bag with seals around the battery cables, and a roll-top like waterproof stuff sacks have.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I was going to wrap the seam with good electrical tape and put dielectric grease underneath the terminals. That way it's easily removable if I need to warranty it. Not sure they'll warranty a siliconed battery

Manual Says, DO NOT SUBMERGE OR GET WET. Just read the instructions.
Not that its noco related but my Shorei lightweight gel battery also states this in the instructions and I just siliconed around the cases and it has worked for 4 years (1 year in a motorcycle & 3 on a charging system Standup (was 701 for 2 years and 1 year of a PHP1015 (1 year of MSD Ignition system 2 years of zeel) that being said it has a very specific charger and as youve mentioned in prior posts has to be stored a very specific way.

That being said i also have a friend who used a Shorei and it died in a year so guess it really depends (I believe he was also non charging though so)

Just my two cents, lots of us up here in Canada are trying out the Nocos we will definitely try to keep everyone posted.

Last edited:

Jcary85

Site Supporter
I'm 2ish months into a pair of nocos now. Been going strong with total loss (MSD) on my ski. I've also been using them regularly to test my new ignition. Discharged them several times and still going strong. I even left one connected/on in my main ski and it charged back up no problem. Impressed so far.

I had a noco all season last year. No problems at all. great battery. submerged multiple times, emptied the hull out and started right up. Been out a couple times already this year as well. Still going strong. I have a zeel, charging, on et967.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
The china batteries and suppliers are scary. I bought one of the "better" brands 48v battery for my e-mx and they mailed it with the wrong charger. luckily i was in the garage when the charger caught on fire..

Diametunim

Throwin around a 550
I'll give a +1 to the noco NLP9. Dropped one right in my superjet out of the box, just had to make a cradle out of foam. Have not had any issues in the 4-5 hours I've put on the ski this far.

How many fuel sheds catch on fire? Osha says a whole bunch because of how hard-core their rules for them are.

My lithium batteries still doing great. Although my buddy had a pair of dewalt headphones burst into flames on his kitchen table a couple weeks ago.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
My battery sits behind the bulkhead so it's close to impossible to get a jumper pack on it in case of emergency and it's annoying to hook a charger to.
Noco makes a harness that plugs directly into a jumper pack and has an adapter for a charger. Pretty sweet setup 20230708_111417.jpg

Top Bottom