New NOCO Lithium Batteries

long beach local

long beach local
The nlp 9 battery in working fine I try and keep it out of the heat. I don’t charge it when it’s really hot I bring it inside air conditioning to charge it and no problems. I haven’t let it get wet either (no sinking) lol

long beach local

long beach local
Do they have issues with excessive heat?
I had a battery die on me when I put a charger on it here in Arizona but it was Extremely Hot like 120+ in my shed at the time. After that I read that any battery especially lithium are damaged easily when charging even below 32 freezing will degrade it quickly as well as heat. It’s in the owner’s manual haha. But these batteries are pretty tough otherwise there’s no place on earth hotter than here

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
this nlp9 dies immediately after about 3 cranks at 180 psi off a full charge.
Either my lithium charger isn’t doing it’s job or I have a bad battery.. or they’re just that weak? Looking for feed back all cable are new btw

this nlp9 dies immediately after about 3 cranks at 180 psi off a full charge.
Either my lithium charger isn’t doing it’s job or I have a bad battery.. or they’re just that weak? Looking for feed back all cable are new btw
I’m running an nlp9 on my PHP898 with 190psi without issue so far, only have 2 days of riding on a new build but the battery performance has been good. I’m running 62t zeel charging setup too.

My 9 can start my 1100 about 30 times before it starts to slow down. It only holds 1.7 gallons. So maybe 15 min of ride time max between starts. I charge my lithoum.battetoes with 2 amp battery tender. Never had serious issues with any of the brands. The noco just looks cool

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Thanks guys, guess I just have a bad charger or a bad battery.. says they have overcharge protection wonder if I can throw it on a standard charger for a little. I will try leaving it on a tender next.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
How are these against water intrusion? My battery is mounted behind an open bulkhead right behind my hood breather tubes so it's inevitable that it'll get soaked.

Interesting timing to see this thread. I was on vacation to Florida, got to meet one of my favorite peeps in the industry, one Mr. JetManiac :) ...I really can't say enough good about the man...but fanboy props aside, I bought a Noco jumper pack as an emergency backup for either cell phone charging or should we need a boost. There was definitely something wrong with that pack. It was a really slow cell phone charger, in fact it took 4+ hours to charge one phone where the little 50 watt 12 volt vehicle power port charger could do it in 2.5 hours. On top of that, we only used that booster pack for only charging that phone to full once, the booster needed to be recharged once to finish the phone charging. After that, I didn't use it and noticed that later in the day when I checked on it, it was slowly discharging on its own. I charged it again and let it sit, before we left Florida for home, I checked it and again it was down by 20% so I recharged it again. By the day after we got home it was down by 20% again. All this across the span of 10 days.

It must have been a bad unit because I have heard pretty good reviews of these. This one was capable of boosting a 6 cyl. diesel or 8 cyl. gas engine. With how rapidly it discharged on its own though, it was highly untrustworthy for long term resting. I wanted to have it for the atv or to charge a phone while out in the woods, I used to hunt and would be gone for up to 10 days at a time, if this was my only source for backup power on say a dead atv battery it would have been totally useless. So if you buy anything with a lithium battery just keep an eye on it for any self discharging. Also, lithium is impressive tech, but it's not nearly as stable as most of us think. A friend of mine works in a lithium battery recycling plant and he sees brand new old stock batteries come in all the time. He says after seeing what happens when these batteries go Chernobyl he'll never buy an electric car. He says they will sometimes just go into a random thermal runaway with no reason behind it. The new batteries could be anywhere from 6 months to 3 years old and purely at random, still in the packaging they go into a thermal runaway. When that happens, he said all they can do is let it burn itself out because there are no fire extinguishers made capable of putting out the intense heat they produce. I've seen the videos of phones and tablets when they go melt down, it's fast and furious. I couldn't imagine what anything bigger like a ski battery or Tesla car would be like o_O

Jcary85

Site Supporter
I'm now running an NLP14 noco in my xfs and dvx. Only been running them for about a month but so far so good. price is right compared to antigravity and you can buy an extended warranty on amazon for 4 years pretty cheap. Will keep the thread up to date if i have any issues. They are IP67 rated i believe just FYI

Fo those running total loss - i ran my XFS on one battery all day last saturday. Burnt about 7 or 8 gallons. Battery still going strong at the end of the day. They have higher amp rating vs a AG1601

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Interesting timing to see this thread. I was on vacation to Florida, got to meet one of my favorite peeps in the industry, one Mr. JetManiac :) ...I really can't say enough good about the man...but fanboy props aside, I bought a Noco jumper pack as an emergency backup for either cell phone charging or should we need a boost. There was definitely something wrong with that pack. It was a really slow cell phone charger, in fact it took 4+ hours to charge one phone where the little 50 watt 12 volt vehicle power port charger could do it in 2.5 hours. On top of that, we only used that booster pack for only charging that phone to full once, the booster needed to be recharged once to finish the phone charging. After that, I didn't use it and noticed that later in the day when I checked on it, it was slowly discharging on its own. I charged it again and let it sit, before we left Florida for home, I checked it and again it was down by 20% so I recharged it again. By the day after we got home it was down by 20% again. All this across the span of 10 days.

It must have been a bad unit because I have heard pretty good reviews of these. This one was capable of boosting a 6 cyl. diesel or 8 cyl. gas engine. With how rapidly it discharged on its own though, it was highly untrustworthy for long term resting. I wanted to have it for the atv or to charge a phone while out in the woods, I used to hunt and would be gone for up to 10 days at a time, if this was my only source for backup power on say a dead atv battery it would have been totally useless. So if you buy anything with a lithium battery just keep an eye on it for any self discharging. Also, lithium is impressive tech, but it's not nearly as stable as most of us think. A friend of mine works in a lithium battery recycling plant and he sees brand new old stock batteries come in all the time. He says after seeing what happens when these batteries go Chernobyl he'll never buy an electric car. He says they will sometimes just go into a random thermal runaway with no reason behind it. The new batteries could be anywhere from 6 months to 3 years old and purely at random, still in the packaging they go into a thermal runaway. When that happens, he said all they can do is let it burn itself out because there are no fire extinguishers made capable of putting out the intense heat they produce. I've seen the videos of phones and tablets when they go melt down, it's fast and furious. I couldn't imagine what anything bigger like a ski battery or Tesla car would be like o_O
There was definitely something wrong with your jumper pack. I have one in my truck, my wife's car, and one in the garage (all NOCO). I'll top them off once or twice a year and they'll only charge for 10 minutes or so before they're fully charged again. When my battery died in my truck, I jumped my truck off 3 times a day for 4 days straight before I had time to get a new battery. I never charged the jumper pack that week.

This pack I had took most of the night to charge, at least 7 hours. I thought there had to be something wrong with it. I was thinking after the second or third charge it would finally take to maybe a cycling process and then hold a good long charge but nope, 2 days max and then the power indicator showed a step down in retained charge.

Top Bottom