New PWC "mechanic" what are the MUST HAVE tools?

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Nobody has mentioned that you need a real thin wrench for the B-pipe manifold because a regular one won't fit in the space provided.
I ground one down a bit and custom shaped it to work mint :biggthumpup:

You can see how thin the b pipe wrench is compared to a regular wrench

You can always tell a jet skier from a quick glance at their 13mm wrench :biggthumpup:

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
Spline Tool
Impeller Tool
Cheater Bar
Tq Wrench
GOOD set of phillips heads. God i hate those jet cover screws...i think they are made out of gold

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
I got a really long flat head screw driver that is fairly thick, I use it all the time on hose clamps. I plug wrench is nice to have, mine is all weird looking so I can find it easy in the tool box. Some other important tools are extra hardware for pieces that your loose or break, especially with a scupper you can loose parts and never see them again. I havent heard wd40 yet. Oh and vise grips, I use those alot.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
Harmonic balancer puller... Because I already destroyed one flywheel puller on a 701 that hadnt had it removed before. :bigeyes:

kingnothing3

give me fuel give me fire
the problem with getting a telescoping magnet like was mentioned before is that 99% of everything in the engine compartment is made of stainless steel or aluminum. neither work with magnets. I guess I would help if you dropped a socket or something, but dont eat anything buttery before you work and you should be alright.

Y

yamaslut

mechanical fingers

48278.JPG
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/objects_lg/48300/48278.JPG

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
the problem with getting a telescoping magnet like was mentioned before is that 99% of everything in the engine compartment is made of stainless steel or aluminum. neither work with magnets. I guess I would help if you dropped a socket or something, but dont eat anything buttery before you work and you should be alright.

Yes thats fine on stand ups but couches pay the bills around here so I can buy,build and ride stand ups,if you drop tools in a couch you better have a telescoping magnet or a large tool account.

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
I am going to second a heat gun. you can do some jobs with out it but its a great thing to have. just look in the paint section at walmart. I think I spent about 20 bucks.

BombThreat

'Diggity
yeah i got my heat gun from harborfreight... i didnt expect much of anything from it for only 9.99 but the thing almost blows fire! i was impressed with the amount of heat this thing blew.

romack991

homebrewed
A telescoping magnet and a grabber tool,for retreiving dropped tools and bolts,washers,whatever.

Maybe for tools... bolts, washers, ect should be SS, ie not magnetic.

Hope you have thin hands.

Nobody has mentioned that you need a real thin wrench for the B-pipe manifold because a regular one won't fit in the space provided.
I ground one down a bit and custom shaped it to work mint :biggthumpup:

I got a cheap set from Walmart. Thinner than my Craftsman and shorter in length. Typically these arent good qualities but in a confined space, they are nice.

Top Bottom