New WDK hull!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
really? the carbon reacts with aluminum?????

YUP, eats it for lunch, dinner and a late night snack.

you shoulda seen the bottom of my brand new Monkey Grips after a season of sitting on carbon, INCREDIBLE!!! It like electrics too. T/L + Carbon backer plate + salt equals DAYAMMMMIT!!!!!! I learned the hard way LOL.

So reallly RIVERRAT, The prepreg has issues with paint / clear?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
since the glass has more flex than the paint if you take a good hit the paint can crack and peel. You have to have good surface prep to minimize that.

How is that different from a wet layup though? Will the prepreg flex more so than a wet layup?

I hear there is a new type of epoxy primer sheet they can lay in the mold for prepreg layups for a smoother and (paint ready surface). I was curious as to why you would need it and maybe what you are saying has something to do with that? Hence all the curiosity about your experiences with prepreg and paint / clear.

RiverRat

How is that different from a wet layup though? Will the prepreg flex more so than a wet layup?

I hear there is a new type of epoxy primer sheet they can lay in the mold for prepreg layups for a smoother and (paint ready surface). I was curious as to why you would need it and maybe what you are saying has something to do with that? Hence all the curiosity about your experiences with prepreg and paint / clear.

Prepreg carbon is great to paint on. I had that carbon f1 cleared and the guy did a horrible job......nothing to do with the material. He just caked on 8 coats fast and fisheyed the whole ski.

As long as the prepreg glass has a core material it is fine. The carbon is so rigid you don't have to worry about flex

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
I would like to inject my own input as a guy who has owned 3 of Jeffs hulls (1 rev and 2 Envys).

My Rev had some minor gel coat issues that arose after a few rides from new. I got a very nice deal on the hull, a price that I thought was almost to fair in comparison to some other products I have purchased on the market. Jeff, realizing the problem, sent me a brand new Envy hull without question. He never asked for the REV hull back. Then, after I beat the bijeazous out of my Envy, he worked a really nice deal with me on new Envy parts.

I hate hearing a guy like GIL flapping his jaw about someone elses show when it looks to me like he is still on a stock hull. G-unit, you need to step up to the plate and actually pay for something, not just hood kits, before you try and tear other people down. I paid for a hull from Jeff......and basically feel like I got 2.5 hulls for my money. My business mind calls that a pretty good deal.

My shop has been fortunate enough to have some great company in it...XFT, EME, Trinity, and WDK. I have been through all these hulls, ive ridden them all too.

Jeff's work is top notch. The guy is full of talent and creativity. I think he was the first guy to make a universal hull for different motor setups. I think he was the first guy to break away from factory designs and create his own style. His lines are clean, well thought out, and very innovative. His latching systems are fully custom and actually work. His sealed steering system is ridiculous. Not to mention this guy figured out how to make a 1200cc motor that runs on a stock ignition and pump gas and pretty much steps on 98 percent of whats out there.

I have seen the new hull, I know the new business plan, and I am impressed. Jeff is capable of a lot and I think we are about to see some great things out of them this year.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
well, usually when "singularly" operated businesses initially try to break into the market, they will catch a lot of flak from the public regarding just about everything Jeff has had to deal with since square one. Also, because of his past involvement with blowsion, and blowsion already being a strong influence in the market, it didn't help his situation at all, and it was really easy for people that were angry at him, for one reason or another, to get people on the bashing bandwagon with them regarding his business ethics, etc..

personally I think Jeff pretty much jumped the gun at getting into the market, and should have better prepared himself business-wise before offering a product and/or his services to the masses. he just wasn't equipped at the time to take it all on himself, and unfortunately he attained a bad reputation because of it.

kraqus

Site Supporter
If He has "Customer Service" issues then he needs to partner with someone that excels at it and share the business load, that way He can concentrate at what He does BEST.....building stuff, and let someone else sell it for him.

I think if he did that, his business will take off like a rocket. I myself do not buy stuff directly from him because of his reputation as a "seller", NOT builder. I am, on the other hand, always looking for people selling used WDK stuff.

I own a Hood kit and steering system with straight bars, and so far I like what I have seen......

Will I buy a Hull from him? Sure....but I will go pick it up personally....LOL!

Benny

I would like to inject my own input as a guy who has owned 3 of Jeffs hulls (1 rev and 2 Envys).

My Rev had some minor gel coat issues that arose after a few rides from new. I got a very nice deal on the hull, a price that I thought was almost to fair in comparison to some other products I have purchased on the market. Jeff, realizing the problem, sent me a brand new Envy hull without question. He never asked for the REV hull back. Then, after I beat the bijeazous out of my Envy, he worked a really nice deal with me on new Envy parts.

I hate hearing a guy like GIL flapping his jaw about someone elses show when it looks to me like he is still on a stock hull. G-unit, you need to step up to the plate and actually pay for something, not just hood kits, before you try and tear other people down. I paid for a hull from Jeff......and basically feel like I got 2.5 hulls for my money. My business mind calls that a pretty good deal.

My shop has been fortunate enough to have some great company in it...XFT, EME, Trinity, and WDK. I have been through all these hulls, ive ridden them all too.

Jeff's work is top notch. The guy is full of talent and creativity. I think he was the first guy to make a universal hull for different motor setups. I think he was the first guy to break away from factory designs and create his own style. His lines are clean, well thought out, and very innovative. His latching systems are fully custom and actually work. His sealed steering system is ridiculous. Not to mention this guy figured out how to make a 1200cc motor that runs on a stock ignition and pump gas and pretty much steps on 98 percent of whats out there.

I have seen the new hull, I know the new business plan, and I am impressed. Jeff is capable of a lot and I think we are about to see some great things out of them this year.

spot on!

I have owned a REV and an F1 pro, along with a diablo hood kit, and pretty much one of every other part jeff makes most of which are still in my possession

I'm corked...ain't sayin who....the name of the hull will give it away anyway....

And it ain't called the MADMAT hull!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom