Custom/Hybrid New XS built 855 in Superfreak

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Good to know thanks...does your setup have enough power to 180 hop into a flip ? just wondering.

FYI: I could never figure this one out even with a 1l motor, TL, 148 pump. Not with the Freak anyways. Maybe I'm dumb though. That's the most likely cause.

FYI: I could never figure this one out even with a 1l motor, TL, 148 pump. Not with the Freak anyways. Maybe I'm dumb though. That's the most likely cause.

Lol Your right, It's does not seem to be an easy flip....I can only get the nose to go in at an angle.
Almost got it once on Bud's KDX 900 with 148 set back at FW Friday Daytona.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Personal opinion: The SF is such a great rec-riding boat that doesn't beat you up, but the downside is that it's not overly flip happy. Yes, it flips easy compared to a SJ - but not compared to other boats.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I feel like a BOB (G1 and G2) and Q8 flip a bit easier.
From what I've seen, KDX's and XFS's do, too.

Tyrant1919

Site Supporter
I think you kinda got the idea. Freak backends are wwwwwideeeee. Yes very stable. I don't think it has much to do with drag as opposed to trying to dig that backend into the water to ramp out a flip. I've only rode a freak a bit, but I know two owners who agree. Freaks like to float on the surface. A freak is harder to dig that back end into the water to get the launch it needs compared to other hulls. It can flip, but takes a bit more power than those that can dig in a bit better.

Last edited:
how much wider is the freak in the rear than some others mentioned here,that extra 45 degree bond rail drop prolly doesnt help either,Id like to ride one with the rail trimed up to see how well it would lean and rail corners

I think you kinda got the idea. Freak backends are wwwwwideeeee. Yes very stable. I don't think it has much to do with drag as opposed to trying to dig that backend into the water to ramp out a flip. I've only rode a freak a bit, but I know two owners who agree. Freaks like to float on the surface. A freak is harder to dig that back end into the water to get the launch it needs compared to other hulls. It can flip, but takes a bit more power than those that can dig in a bit better.

Got that right they float so well and it makes it really easy to ride and maintain balance after tricks....love this hull.

how much wider is the freak in the rear than some others mentioned here,that extra 45 degree bond rail drop prolly doesnt help either,Id like to ride one with the rail trimed up to see how well it would lean and rail corners

Good point on the rails they grab some, I did not notice the Bob gen 2 was any easier to flip from a 180 hop.

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Setup wake flips are your best bet. Hop flips require considerably more power. I had trouble hop flipping my freak with an 1100, but really didn't have it figured out either. I'm not a great rider, but I can slide, hop, or wake flip my KDX. Same rules still apply. Wake flips are easiest flip wise, but require skill and timing to execute.

Setup wake flips are your best bet. Hop flips require considerably more power. I had trouble hop flipping my freak with an 1100, but really didn't have it figured out either. I'm not a great rider, but I can slide, hop, or wake flip my KDX. Same rules still apply. Wake flips are easiest flip wise, but require skill and timing to execute.

I agree, need to stop practicing hop flips and go for it on set up wakes.

Top Bottom