Nose Modification "rocker" Thread.... making a sj a better surf ski.....

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
i have been thinking about this for some time...... kinda in the back of my mind want to smash my nose off so i HAD to do it LOL.

i think you guys are on the right track but, it needs to be more like Carters nose.

one thing that is over looked IMO is that if you also make the the bond rail follow the angle of the rocker, it would make "wings" to help carry the nose up and out of a pearling situation.

the angle on the nose would have to be as close to the water box as possible and move the pole bracket forward.

im not to sure about shortening the back of the ski, but im not against it either...... but i think trying to shave it up toward the bond line....it would put the back of the ski in the water, but if you did rear like the 08, could be interesting.....

but what do i know....lol heres what i worked on....:wave:
10WR_Superjet_Blue_pro1_9238e580.jpgRocker edit 1.jpgRocker edit 2.jpgRocker edit 3.jpgRocker edit 4.jpgRocker edit compare2.jpg

what do ya think?

Last edited:

Penken

whoomp there it is!
they look so much sicker with more rocker. more of an aggressive look. if anyone can do this good it would be an awesome upgrade. like sponsons.
yamahasuperjet08boats.jpg

Surfing down the face of a wave seems a bit easier when it gets steep because there's 2 inches less for the face to pick up and slam you in the bottom.

I will add that for surf, a stock length plate works better for me than one that is flush with the short hull. I tried the flush plate the first time this past weekend and found recovery time got to be too long. The longer plate worked better for that without giving up the handling advantages.

My feelings too...

And yea...really hard to sub now so you have to really go vertical in to the water to do a sub....suicide sub!

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Nick, I think the nose rocker idea is awesome for a surf boat. You should also consider shortening at the rear though - try out someone's boat which has been shortened: you'll be amazed at the difference it makes. I think a couple of inches or so off the back and the extra nose rocker you are describing would completely transform the SJ hull.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
it looks like he just stretched it and pulled it up with a program. but ya that looks like a good starting spot. i bet it would kick a$$ in the surf. im afraid not so much on flat thou.....

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
it looks like he just stretched it and pulled it up with a program. but ya that looks like a good starting spot. i bet it would kick a$$ in the surf. im afraid not so much on flat thou.....

Hmmm.... I don't know about that. It would be a lot easier to pull a flat water backy round with that much off the nose. Now that's got me thinking of next winter's project at my house....

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
Hmmm.... I don't know about that. It would be a lot easier to pull a flat water backy round with that much off the nose. Now that's got me thinking of next winter's project at my house....

ya ya good point. i was thinking from my point of view thou where i ride 7 miles to my favorite party spot WOT. cant have it all i guess. advantages always come with disadvantages.

Penken

whoomp there it is!
i used photoshop.
just use the make liquid and drag stuff around. took like 30seconds. now if it where just as easy to mod the ski in real life.

i remember from a while ago somebody did sell a composite front for the superjet rn hull. for when you hit ground and need to re do your nose.
somebody should do exactly that but modded to have more rocker and such

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Wavedemon has some ideas he wants to explore. Nick if your ideas are along the same lines I'm your man if you want a part made. the conversion hoods are nearing completion and the blaster seat wont take long. I will get with him and see what I can come up with.

It's about time you start taking my idea more seriously. it'll work, be easy and cheap.

Im looking forward to spending some more time on a hull with more rocker to see what its really like,how many here have ridden a ski with alot more rocker in it to know?

Been running this since the Daytona Freeride and I will never go back to a stock type nose.

Attachments

• Surf ski Superfreak 2010 004.jpg
    Surf ski Superfreak 2010 004.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 458
Top Bottom