Surfriding Pismo Springbreak Freeride - March 9, 10 & 11, 2012

SuziQ

Banned
Either:

1. You guys are trying to scare people away

2. You can’t drive

I never thought it was a big deal at all, sometimes deep, other times a trickle.

Matter of fact, I always thought it was fun!

C4S are you gonna make it ??? Countdown.........Pismo...................Pismo.....................Pismo.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
It can be pretty gnar..... I've seen it3-4 feet deep and 100 feet wide... Plus about a 3 foot ledge at the other end... The last march ride when there was that tsunami warning and crazy tides I charged it.... The the waves rolled inn half way across and had water up to my windshield.... Girlfriend was screaming and freaking out.... I kept it floored and somehow made it across and jumped that 3 foot ledge

btmboards

Brett
No river isnt bad what so ever. at low tied it is bairly more then what you drive through on the road while raining. last year there were several little 2wd cars trucks and vans that had no issue. I stopped in it towing a trailer and then took off again with no issue. My issue taking my car through it isnt a worry of getting stuck I will just never touch salt water with my car. I have too much money and time into my car and love it too much to drive through it with out being able to instantly wash it when getting to the other side.
internet pic.jpg

btmboards

Brett
Just check the tide times, it only gets this way during storms, which we wont have this time, and go during low tide, as for the ledge the closer you are to the ocean the less ledge there is.

SuziQ

Banned
Gomez and I were caravanning last time, and it was bigger/deeper than ever. He was pulling his ski with his little car and had no issues through it (had issues in the sand at the ramp on the way out though; had to get towed...aaaaaaaah hahaha)

btmboards

Brett
Gomez and I were caravanning last time, and it was bigger/deeper than ever. He was pulling his ski with his little car and had no issues through it (had issues in the sand at the ramp on the way out though; had to get towed...aaaaaaaah hahaha)

Ya, I could see that in a little car, mine has more power and better AWD than my truck, are you gonna be there for this one Suzi

Hey Brett, just call me when you get close Park your car near the entrance and I will come grab your trailer. I will be there Thurs night brah...

Awsome Charlie, I will have to if I make it but I still have alot to do before then and I have family coming into town for the first time since moving to cali so im not going to have much time to finish my stuff or get ready. Ill stay in touch when I know better.

Last edited:

SuziQ

Banned
Ya, I could see that in a little car, mine has more power and better AWD than my truck, are you gonna be there for this one Suzi...

idk, I want to of course, just not sure I will be feeling up for travel by then...trying to get motivated here. Was talking to Cuong about it when he was out here. His bday is this one, mine is the Oct one.

Gomez and that Honda always amazed people!

He made a grand entrance I recall, LOL. He CAN drive, sand was simply deep at the ramp on the way out, and I guess he was tired. I will post that vid one day! :)

Last edited:
This is a thread for Pismo beach spring freeride.
Looking at hotels this morning.
My prediction 6-8 foot faces sunny, brisk in the a.m. and perfect in the afternoon.

Gonna be working on re-entries big drops and SHHHHHHHHMACKIN that lip hard bitches.

btmboards

Brett
This is a thread for Pismo beach spring freeride.
Looking at hotels this morning.
My prediction 6-8 foot faces sunny, brisk in the a.m. and perfect in the afternoon.

Gonna be working on re-entries big drops and SHHHHHHHHMACKIN that lip hard bitches.

YEP, thats what we are talking about.
sounds about right, conditions should be pretty good

kraqus

Site Supporter
Don't forget my birthday presents kids..

pole_shock_pads_superjet.jpg

Benny

This is true. We are trying to help those with pointers from past experiences who have never been: access, getting though the ramp and mid point, plus having a good time. ;)

Dude, dudette. Paranoid ??? Nobody was talking to you or about you, or at least I was not.

In my head I when I was thinking it I was making an ANNOUNCEMENT over a microphone.

Dont trip, dont slip, get a grip, I dont flip. I love a big tail whip, Just cuz you wear new shoes dont make you hip !!!

SuziQ

Banned
Brett highlighted, so then I isolated it…might even ask JFB to give your head that tail whip just for fun (he'd do it for me too lol.) :stups:

I haven't seen any mention of the fun glowsticks and fire twirlers. I won't even think more about showing up, if it's not on the agenda!

Top Bottom